Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester.Football's Greatest Achievement?

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
If not then what was?

If Man U,Arsenal,City and Chelsea were up for it this season then I'd say it was without doubt the greatest achievement from what I've seen.I don't watch football worldwide.Even though these other teams have been very poor I'd still say it has to be the greatest achievement I've seen.

My top 3 is.
1/Leicester
2/Greece-Euro winners
3/Juve and Aresnal going unbeaten the whole season.

What's yours?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Denmark winning Euro 92 when they initially didn't even qualify has to be a contender.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Swansea applying for relection to the football league in 1975, then three promotions to the old Division 1 between 1978 and 1981

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Denmark winning Euro 92 when they initially didn't even qualify has to be a contender.

I would say Greece winning the Euros ranks higher than that

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think everyone is forgetting plucky little Bournemouth and their promotion last season on an absolute shoestring.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
What Forest did eclipses Leicester

You didn't really have rich football superpowers in those days from what I remember.Little ole Malmo even got to the European Cup Final whom Forest beat but yeah that's a good shout.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think everyone is forgetting plucky little Bournemouth and their promotion last season on an absolute shoestring.

They broke FFP rules though to achieve it.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Sassuolo is a town in Italy with a population around 41.000.
Today they are 6th in Serie A one ahead of AC Milan.

That's quite an achievement.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Celtic being the first British club to win the European cup. All their players were all local lads, unlike today when Man City may do the same with highly paid mercenaries.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Celtic being the first British club to win the European cup. All their players were all local lads, unlike today when Man City may do the same with highly paid mercenaries.

Great shout

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here