Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it legal to sell a ticket at face value?

Dec 29, 2011
I bought an extra ticket by accident for the Derby game I wanted it to go to a fan rather than be an empty seat. After all the talk of ticket touting recently on NSC it got me wondering if I would be allowed to sell it to another fan for face value. If I stood outside the stadium offering it could I get in trouble with the police, even if I don't want a profit?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Technically, it's illegal to give it away for free - or even to pay someone to take it off your hands. That said, I'm sure I could find someone to take it off you for £100. Let me know if you'd like to avail yourself of the offer.

Alternatively, you might find a more satisfactory answer?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's illegal but you're unlikely to get in trouble. Might be best to strike a deal ahead of time, on here or otherwise, so you don't look like a tout at the ground.

Dec 29, 2011
It's illegal but you're unlikely to get in trouble. Might be best to strike a deal ahead of time, on here or otherwise, so you don't look like a tout at the ground.
I didn't think we were allowed to sell tickets on here, especially if it's frowned upon. That being said if a genuine fan wants the ticket it's in WSU and I'll take £35 for it. Can meet at the ground or have it delivered to your house if you live in hove. If you're a tout I'll know because the ticket is right next to me :) drop me a PM if interested

Edit: just discovered there's a ticket exchange sub forum, ignore this thread then.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Technically, it's illegal to give it away for free - or even to pay someone to take it off your hands. That said, I'm sure I could find someone to take it off you for £100. Let me know if you'd like to avail yourself of the offer.

That is just madness....i mean a gift to a family member is out of the question

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All this has reminded me: I bought a contingency ticket that I no longer need. It's for the WSU somewhere.

Free to anyone who wants it, on these terms:

1. It's a print at home so I will email you the ticket. You WILL need to be able to print it, as:

2. It's a kid's ticket and I imagine you'll need to upgrade. You can do this at the Amex before you go in.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
All this has reminded me: I bought a contingency ticket that I no longer need. It's for the WSU somewhere.

Free to anyone who wants it, on these terms:

1. It's a print at home so I will email you the ticket. You WILL need to be able to print it, as:

2. It's a kid's ticket and I imagine you'll need to upgrade. You can do this at the Amex before you go in.

I'll take it Bozza. Will donate a suitable sum to REMF.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton

Do you realise the match is being televised,I only became aware yesterday

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I have 7 tickets to the match up in Middlesbrough on 7/5/16...............................................but I'm not going to give out my info.

Die Boro fans!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Do you realise the match is being televised,I only became aware yesterday

On re-reading my post I see it was ambiguous; I was offering to take his ticket off him if he paid me £100 as compo for the risk of being arrested for transferring a ticket for a designated match. It was a "joke", only not funny!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here