Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boulting/Millar or Kirby/Lloyd?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Absolutely no contest for me.

I'd be quite happy if I never heard Kirby again.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I dont think you're being fair comparing champagne with lager top.

That said i do like Dan Lloyd's punditry.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep, no problem with Dan Lloyd, but however good you are, if you've been paired up with Kirby, you've lost.

Masterclass from Tommy V there :)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
And now I've turned over during the advert break to hear Boulting only to discover that the Eurosport coverage isn't live. 22 km to go, but it's finished on ITV and I know who won. :rant:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You know, I disagree about Kirby, but as a matter of interest, why do you dislike him so much?

Basically because he's an insufferable drama queen. Tries far too hard to generate excitement himself rather than let the racing do the talking.

If I'd heard him calling it in today I'd having been muttering "shut up!" so I could just enjoy what was a fantastic finale. I imagine Kirby was having kittens today over that finish and it wouldn't have sounded pretty.

He also thinks he's really funny when he really isn't. Although I confess he has made me chuckle a few times, but that's mostly laughing at him rather than with him.

He's also not very good at calling riders or tactics either. Sean Kelly is forever having to bail him out.
How Kelly puts up with him I'll never know.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And now I've turned over during the advert break to hear Boulting only to discover that the Eurosport coverage isn't live. 22 km to go, but it's finished on ITV and I know who won. :rant:

There you go.... Another reason to hate Kirby :lolol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Basically because he's an insufferable drama queen. Tries far too hard to generate excitement himself rather than let the racing do the talking.

If I'd heard him calling it in today I'd having been muttering "shut up!" so I could just enjoy what was a fantastic finale. I imagine Kirby was having kittens today over that finish and it wouldn't have sounded pretty.

He also thinks he's really funny when he really isn't. Although I confess he has made me chuckle a few times, but that's mostly laughing at him rather than with him.

He's also not very good at calling riders or tactics either. Sean Kelly is forever having to bail him out.
How Kelly puts up with him I'll never know.

Fair enough. I find him amusing and enjoy his commentating style. And I get the impression that him and Kelly are quite good friends.

What was the name of that other Eurosport commentator, the one who had a breakdown? Any idea what he's up to now? He was another one who was highly criticised who I liked. :blush:

EDIT: David Harmon

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fair enough. I find him amusing and enjoy his commentating style. And I get the impression that him and Kelly are quite good friends.

What was the name of that other Eurosport commentator, the one who had a breakdown? Any idea what he's up to now? He was another one who was highly criticised who I liked. :blush:

EDIT: David Harmon

I've lost count of the number of times Kirby makes a really stupid call and Kelly has to respond with that drawn out silence... sucking in of air and... "well I don't quite see it like that".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here