Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None/cant be arsed

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I will vote Labour. Then watch the Conservative win.

Do use your second vote though, especially if your first is for a candidate from a smaller party.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I can't find myself voting for Katie Bourne.

For someone who stood on a campaign of forcing through improvements to deal with domestic violence. It's so sad that the Sussex force still has a fair few of them who have a track record of this (and even recruited some after the events)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Can't be arsed to vote for a police commissioner to be absolutely blunt about it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Binned the polling card earlydoors. Total waste of taxpayers money. Be very surprised if the turnout reaches double figures.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Binned the polling card earlydoors. Total waste of taxpayers money. Be very surprised if the turnout reaches double figures.
would you rather the money was spent 24 unelected suits than someone you can contact and is accountable. I know which one I would go for however I am so glad I am not in Kent .

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Have voted.....not sure why i have to vote 2nd choice?

As far as I can see, the ONLY point of having an elected Police Commissioner is that it prevents a repetition of David Bellotti (or some other desperate, talentless local politician) getting to be Chair of the Police Authority.

Or maybe not.

Ruffy

Jun 24, 2014
As far as I can see, the ONLY point of having an elected Police Commissioner is that it prevents a repetition of David Bellotti (or some other desperate, talentless local politician) getting to be Chair of the Police Authority.

Or maybe not.

Wasn't that what happened five years ago..... only they've changed her title this time.....

Wasn't that what happened five years ago..... only they've changed her title this time.....

Not quite. When there was a multi-member Police Authority, decisions were made by majority vote. Under the new system, the single Commissioner takes all the decisions, regardless of any disagreements there might be.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's a form of proportional representation that means that scraping together 30 per cent of the votes isn't enough on its own to get you elected.

I get it..i think

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Have voted.....not sure why i have to vote 2nd choice?

If any one candidate gets an overall majority, 51% of the first choice votes, then that candidate will be elected and the second choices will be irrelevant. If no candidate receives 51%, the top 2 will progress to the next stage. The second choices will then come into play. The second choices of the electorate who voted for the top 2 candidates will be discounted and the second choices of the rest will be counted if they are for one of the top 2. Once the second choices have been added to the first 2 the candidate with the most votes will be elected. Simples:eek:

PS You don't have to vote for a second choice if you don't want to!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If any one candidate gets an overall majority, 51% of the first choice votes, then that candidate will be elected and the second choices will be irrelevant. If no candidate receives 51%, the top 2 will progress to the next stage. The second choices will then come into play. The second choices of the electorate who voted for the top 2 candidates will be discounted and the second choices of the rest will be counted if they are for one of the top 2. Once the second choices have been added to the first 2 the candidate with the most votes will be elected. Simples:eek:

PS You don't have to vote for a second choice if you don't want to!

sounds complicated to me...but now understand

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here