Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Were Loose"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Essentially some simpletons from the Facebook generation of kids were spelling 'we'll lose' this way & it was rightly humoured. This were instead of we'll really grinds my gears fwiw. Of instead of have is another creeping in.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I believe it's a reference to a former poster on here who was constantly pessimistic about every game/signing/substitution in Albion history and used to post "we'll lose" or a variation thereof on every match thread, except he invariably spelt all or part of it wrongly and so it caught on with others using increasingly outlandish variations.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Essentially some simpletons from the Facebook generation of kids were spelling 'we'll lose' this way & it was rightly humoured. This were instead of we'll really grinds my gears fwiw. Of instead of have is another creeping in.
Think it was a actually a poster on here with admitted learning difficulties.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think it was a actually a poster on here with admitted learning difficulties.

Really? If so I take back my comment. I thought it was just a Facebook generation laziness thing (there's enough of it about tbf).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Really? If so I take back my comment. I thought it was just a Facebook generation laziness thing (there's enough of it about tbf).

I'm not sure it was that poster. For some reason I thought it was one who was usually banned for abusive behaviour rather and has subsequently been banned permanently.

The main thrust of the "were loose" of course is that the game he posted that about, we won.

Thinking about changing it for next week.

What's the worst that could happen?

We lose to Boro and finish 3rd.
We then mess up against Wednesday in the play-offs and both Kayal and Goldson get crocked in the process. Both out for the next season.
Hughton gets a better offer to manage Leciester after Ranieri decides to retire in a blaze of glory.
We drop dramatically down the table, losing both fans and money in the process and are relegated to League 1.
Bloom calls it a day after pumping so much money into the club and the prospect of a return lengthening. He sells to Bill Archer's son.
Archer Jr decides to effectively franchise the stadium for use by Brighton RFC and attempts to have us re-locate to the Lancing training facility.
The fans revolt, crowds drop-off further and we fall through the leagues.
Archer Jr decides to invoke one of his Dad's original plans and have us ground share with Dover.
The club falls further down the league until we meet with a re-formed Hereford, this time in the National League South, where were loose and the club then folds.

I'd leave it as is Bozza.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm not sure it was that poster. For some reason I thought it was one who was usually banned for abusive behaviour rather and has subsequently been banned permanently.

The main thrust of the "were loose" of course is that the game he posted that about, we won.

The poster you are thinking of, thought the person with learning difficulties was fair game for 'teasing' and abuse.

Post #4 is right.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Honestly though, I cant even comprehend it potentially meaning We'll lose its just doesn't make any sense or read like that at all. I didnt come on NSC for a while and it went completed over my head and still does

Just reminding me though of a sign in a newsagent in Worcester with its thick accent which was a
LornMower for sale. Argly (sic hardly) used.

That's how we talked up norf

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ah yes but "were loose" is now an NSC icon, like binfest or cockjugglingthundercunt. I'm sure the poster in question is quite proud of his association with it's invention.

I would be.

:)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here