Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom or Parish?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Who would you rather have as Chairman of your club, A Bloom, Esq., or S Parish, Tosser?

(Just trying to get into the sprit of things on here over the last day or so)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
One could argue that the Tosser has so far been more successful. :sick:

Being serious for a second, yes, you could, but I would argue only in the short term. Bloom has invested in infrastructure (physical and managerial), designed to create long-term stability and success. Parish has gone for short-term (relative) success before (partially) bailing out. I'm confident that we will be judged as having been by far the more successful club in a decade's time.

Returning to theme: Yes, you're right. Not only that, but Parish has more interesting hair than Bloom.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Who would you rather have as Chairman of your club, A Bloom, Esq., or S Parish, Tosser?

(Just trying to get into the sprit of things on here over the last day or so)

Bloom obviously,
TB is Albion through and through and the Bloom's have a long association with our club.
SP was reluctant at first to invest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never trust a man who dyes his hair . . . . .

Steve Parish signed up to the Palace fans forum just to threaten them with court action for questioning his transfer policy.

That says all you need to know.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Team Bloom.

I regard Parish as more of a Dick Knight (sorry Dick!) ie juggling comparatively modest investments and just about keeping the Club afloat until a longer term investor can be found. In our case that is TB. Whereas it has largely been the PL cash windfall for CPFC 2010.

Parish was fortunate that the stars then aligned for him and they managed a) to survive in the Championship, b) gain promotion to the PL and then most importantly c) retain their PL status. Credit to him and his partners for stepping into the mostly poisoned chalice that is ownership of a football club and then finding a formula to make it work. Not exactly a smooth ride but they're still there.

Would CPFC 2010 have coped had Palace needed to survive a few more seasons in the Championship (or lower)? The PL windfall meant they never had to inject the capital that Bloom has. It will be interesting to see how the US investment unfolds and what their true motives are. Is it all about the PL money - rather than a sudden passion for Palace? Hmmm.:whistle:

I'm sure that TB would be delighted to achieve PL status and also enjoy the comfort of the PL windfall, hopefully for many seasons to come. Restructure the longer financial structure of the Club, maybe in partnership with new investors. Then sit back and savour even greater footballing glories. :amex::bhasign::albion2:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Steve Parish signed up to the Palace fans forum just to threaten them with court action for questioning his transfer policy.

Excellent.

I'm looking forward to him sacking Pardew and appointing himself as manager.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Indeed.

I would be genuinely mortified if Tony ever did such a thing, and am quite happy in my belief that he has far too much class even to contemplate it.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You're happy with the man of mystery and I'm happy with mr parish .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You're happy with the man of mystery and I'm happy with mr parish .

That's how it should be.....anyway can i ask you are you IN or OUt over the EU? or would prefer not to say.....thanks

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here