Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would we be better to not beat Derby?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Firstly, I whole-heartedly expect us to beat Derby on Monday.
That said, I'm not 100% sure that's gives us the best scenario going into the last game, as it heaps pressure on the hosts needing the win.
My concern is, we beat Derby, then a draw is enough for us at Middlesborough, with knowing this, we may sit back and invite them onto us. If we go there needing the win I think we will dominate and ultimately beat them.
But going there, only needing a point does sound better, as long as we don't play for just one.
Having said that, maybe the momentum of a good win against Derby would lead us confidently on to promotion.
Or maybe I'm over thinking things and we'll win both matches at a canter. (This I favour.)
Hell, I don't know what to think. HELP!
:albion2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FFS what is it with you people :facepalm:

Of course we could go there needing a draw and sit back nervously and lose - it's up to Chris to make sure that doesn't happen. We should go there to win, even if we only need a draw. And that's what I'd like to happen, rather than needing to win.

Imagine we go there needing to win, and score in the first 5 minutes - would you be gutted we'd scored, as we'll now sit back for the rest of the game?

And what if Middlesbrough score first - I'd rather need 1 goal to get ahead than need 2.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
It is best to beat Derby (because we get more points that way). We then aim to beat Boro - I think if we tried to settle for a draw at Middlesboro we would be likely to come unstuck as they are so dangerous going forward

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Of course we would be better to win, 3pts more will put a huge amount of pressure on Burnley too. Let's not put all our eggs in getting in front of Boro, Burnley are no way certain to win both of theirs.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FFS... of course we want to beat Derby...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If we want to win the league we need to beat Derby and Boro to give us a chance.
Why would we want to lose to Derby?.........stupid suggestion

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 30, 2008
Would be better to loose both games to get rid of the mugs on here. Just wait until the prices come out for next season to if promotion. No working class can aford it. ??? Prawn sanwiches all round for the melts :nono:

Regards

DR

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Would be better to loose both games to get rid of the mugs on here. Just wait until the prices come out for next season to if promotion. No working class can aford it. ??? Prawn sanwiches all round for the melts :nono:

Regards

DR
Now I know you are a spoof account. You, even you, cannot have failed to miss that the club announced AGES ago that there would not be an increase in prices if we were promoted.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Have people forgotten we can still win the league?

Exactly and further,any team in our position simply knows that with that possibility still in reach,we really do need to beat Derby and Boro....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here