Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long have the top 6 been the top 6?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It feels like the whole season has had the same 6 teams at the top. (& for that matter, 3 at the bottom)

Clearly that's not the case, but in the division where 'anybody can beat anybody else', this years Championship feels very stagnant.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Interesting, but we played Ipswich and Reading early on in the season which were both 1st vs 2nd

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According my records, Ipswich were 6th on the 5th of February, then slipped out the next day. The top six has been made up of the same team since the 6th of February.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We haven't been out of the top 6 since the start of the season.
We were for 24 hours I think.

That all depends on how literal you want to be.

The season started on Friday 7th of August when we beat forest to go top. On Saturday the 8th most of the other teams played and we slipped down to 7th on goal difference. The following Saturday (15th) we moved back into first place, and have been top six ever since.

If you mean 'we have not been out of the top six since the day the season started', not true. If you mean 'we've not been out of the top six since the very early days of the season when the table wildly fluctuates with a single round of results so can't be taken seriously' then it is true.

Driver8

On the road...
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That all depends on how literal you want to be.

The season started on Friday 7th of August when we beat forest to go top. On Saturday the 8th most of the other teams played and we slipped down to 7th on goal difference. The following Saturday (15th) we moved back into first place, and have been top six ever since.

If you mean 'we have not been out of the top six since the day the season started', not true. If you mean 'we've not been out of the top six since the very early days of the season when the table wildly fluctuates with a single round of results so can't be taken seriously' then it is true.

I think the 24 hours I was referring to was when we had our poor run over Christmas and one team played on the Friday putting us down to 7th until we played on the Saturday.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the 24 hours I was referring to was when we had our poor run over Christmas and one team played on the Friday putting us down to 7th until we played on the Saturday.

Did that coincide with the 24 hours NSC had the Albion staring down the barrel of relegation?

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Oh, I was just checking my end of the day standings. It was actually just around 2.5 hours. On Saturday 16th January Sheff Wed beat Leeds in the 12.30 kick off to leapfrog us and Ipswich. We then won our 3pm kick off v Blackburn, Ipswich drew v Preston and we leapfrogged Ipswich and Wednesday into 5th place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here