Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trying to imagine c2:30pm next Saturday

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We'll either be full of absolute euphoria, and the target of c30,000 distraught Boro fans, or we'll be the distraught ones, with the fear of the play-offs lottery ahead.

I really can't imagine how it's going to feel to be in either position.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We'll either be full of absolute euphoria, and the target of c30,000 distraught Boro fans, or we'll be the distraught ones, with the fear of the play-offs lottery ahead.

I really can't imagine how it's going to feel to be in either position.

At least if we did lose, then we'd be able to get out quick as they'd be celebrating.

On the other hand if we get what we need, I wonder how many will even stay around.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Win, lose or draw next Saturday, I am determined to try and enjoy the whole thing. Travelling all that way then not making the most of it would be pointless (no pun intended).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
"It's only a game" :).

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Either one of the best or worst days of my life ....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It would be amazing if Burnley imploded and both clubs got promoted at the Riverside. What a celebration that would be.

Got me thinking - have two clubs ever won promotion on the same day at the same ground?

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It would be amazing if Burnley imploded and both clubs got promoted at the Riverside. What a celebration that would be.

It would, yes.

The problem is, given the likelihood of disruption at Charlton, our game is likely to finish first.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
If the worst possible scenario was to happen (we miss autos and don't win the play-offs), I am convinced that we will have an even stronger team next season and we would storm to the title. We are now battle-hardened. I don't think it will come to that, however.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
"There's always the play-offs"

Exactly. If it all goes pear-shaped in the next couple of games, we have an additional opportunity for promotion. Three more games, yes, but with this squad I'd back us to the hilt.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly. If it all goes pear-shaped in the next couple of games, we have an additional opportunity for promotion. Three more games, yes, but with this squad I'd back us to the hilt.

As long as the disappointment of missing out doesn't affect the players. Hull & Derby finding some form... God I hope we go up top 2 as I will LOVE watching all the play-off games, not being involved..

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
Got me thinking - have two clubs ever won promotion on the same day at the same ground?

Of course they have.

We weren't happy.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Do we have a fear of the playoffs? Do we fear anyone?

It's not like we're getting relegated if we lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here