Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the pressure getting to Karanka?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just saw the Sky post match interview.

The guy looks completely shattered and does like he's sleeping, a lot at stake for him if they fail again this year

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm not sure about him but I sure as hell I am. I feel a bit ill just thinking about next week.

Apr 5, 2016
Karanka "normally in football, when you score one more goal than the opponent you win. But today that didn't happen"

He obviously didn't see Brighton v Burnley. ;)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Karanka "normally in football, when you score one more goal than the opponent you win. But today that didn't happen"

Mate. I doubt very much you would have gone for the winner if that goal had been allowed. I wish it had been allowed. would have given us more time to go for the winner.

Just my opinion like. :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You were the ones with the Dick Turpin masks that day. Played off the park, and in any other game would normally have been down to 10 men for the last half hour. Instead, the bindipping thug was bizzarely granted impunity all afternoon, and eventually conned the free kick that led to the equaliser.

You should be thanking your lucky stars to have left with a point from that game. It is a season-defining one.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Walked away once already. Will probably ask his mate to watch again, the one who got sacked at Chelski.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Ex Boro player saying how calm he looked!! I don't think so. He looks a complete mess and giving out all the wrong messages. CH on the other hand has been here before and exudes confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I think the pressure is going to get too everyone involved in all three clubs. I felt sick to my stomach listening to the away win at Charlton, sick to my stomach listening to a game that Brighton weren't even playing in tonight. Krankie probably has even more pressure on him because of the money they've spent

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't help being reminded of Poyet when I see Karanka.

Always looks a bit stroppy. Doesn't seem particularly calm when the pressure is on. Prone to tantrums and walk outs. It's like déja vu.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Always looks a bit stroppy. Doesn't seem particularly calm when the pressure is on. Prone to tantrums and walk outs. It's like déja vu.

Yeah, Boro are so lucky, they've got all the fun of a walking time bomb.

We have to put up with a manager who is:-
Calm.
Level headed.
Professional.
Commands respect.
Open.
Honest.
Experienced.
Even has other managers making their own team 'win' for him.

Where's the fun in that? :dunce:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

In fairness Gus would have lost it last night.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I mentioned to a mate how he looked like someone waiting for a bus throughout the whole game. When the goal was disallowed and when they scored he seemed non-plussed.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I mentioned to a mate how he looked like someone waiting for a bus throughout the whole game. When the goal was disallowed and when they scored he seemed non-plussed.

Probably knows he is gone at the end of the season no matter what happens. If he's struggling with pressure now he'll be useless in premier league. If they don't go up he'll be sacked.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Presumably he'll walk out, again, before next weekend in order to give them a boost.

I think he'll leave at the end of the season, as I'm not sure he can cope with the bigger personalities in a dressing room.

He'll probably get Mourinho to watch next week, as he's his lucky charm.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No pressure on Karanka.

He came out this week and said it was amazing that Boro are where they are given how they were struggling when he came in. On next to no budget, he has hauled a team of journeymen footballers to within an inch of the Premier League. It's a modern day footballing miracle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here