Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Promotion Rivals Watch

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How do you think Boro and Burnley will do this weekend?

http://www.shoot.co.uk/the-race-for...urley-middlesbrough-set-to-see-off-brighton/?

I'm glad we got though the Birmingham and QPR games with resounding wins as both looked like potential banana skins. I thought we would beat Burnley and slip up on one of those two.

The Derby game looks like a real match.

In view of the performances that Birmingham and QPR put in against the Albion, I tend to think both Boro and Burnley will win. This is compounded by them both thinking a draw would not be the end of their chances and they will not be so desperate to score that they could be caught by a breakaway or counter attack.

Boro are a a slight disadvantage playing first. I would tend to think one of the three would slip up. My favourite would be Burnley slipping up against QPR, but they can get away with a draw and as they play last, they can see what they need to do.

Boro play 4-2-3-1 which is why they have not conceded many goals. Burnley play a 4-4-2 more like us which has proven to be best against the ordinary sides this season.

Both Boro and Burnley (especially Boro) are at such short odds it is not even worth a bet for both to win. Anyrate I've already paid for my Wednesday ticket with plenty to spare betting on them.

What is going to happen to long staying QPR players like Faurlin and Hoillet. Will they leave in the summer? Have they even got any incentive to play for QPR. I don't know?

On the face of it it looks like certain wins for both Boro and Burnley, so we are going to need a nap hand (five w/o reply) against Derby! I'll settle for three and hope Burnley crash!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Boro have drawn their last two games and are not adverse to slipping up on the road (Charlton). Fingers crossed they feel the pressure again.

For me, Burnley's biggest worry is crowd disturbance at Charlton. QPR are poor at defending set pieces so Burnley could increase their goal difference substantially making them favourites for the title.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How do you think Boro and Burnley will do this weekend?

http://www.shoot.co.uk/the-race-for...urley-middlesbrough-set-to-see-off-brighton/?

What is going to happen to long staying QPR players like Faurlin and Hoillet. Will they leave in the summer? Have they even got any incentive to play for QPR. I don't know?

Answering my own question. QPR are in transition and many players won't be with them next season. Really no hope of then pulling off a shock win at all;

http://www.westlondonsport.com/feat...yers-qpr-will-offload-if-a-deal-can-be-done-2

I think we could see this in our match against them. Pretence at being in the game. So Burnley 2 QPR 4 sems really unlikely.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Blues to get a narrow win tonight-better get my thermals on,quite chilly out!

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I'm expecting both Boro and Burnley to win this weekend, but stranger things have happened. I'm predicting a 2-1 win to Boro and a 2-0 win for Burnley. Let's hope I'm wrong and that someone can cause an upset.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Birmingham have lots of injuries and Rowett is already making excuses. I expect Boro to win easily, I'm afraid.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nah brum 3-1 and Burnley 2-2

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Not gonna have any fingernails but the end of this weekend...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here