Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food Hygiene "Awards"

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
1 = "Didn't find cockroaches this time; expect to on our next visit", doesn't it?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1 = "Didn't find cockroaches this time; expect to on our next visit", doesn't it?

2= "All surfaces regularly wiped down, but with a four-month-old J-cloth that smells like a used nappy".

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] is dining at the Purple Pig in Middlesbrough.

Rather him than me: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne..._hygiene_offences_at_Yarm_restaurant/?ref=rss

Good link. If only because it led me to this article, confirming that the theme for the Hartlepool fans' last away day of the season at Plymouth is....Stormtroopers* :clap2:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...Stormtrooper_outfit_at_Plymouth/?ref=mr&lp=14

*the Star Wars variety, I presume, as opposed to the Nazi Germany version

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brew Dog in Brighton. A 1* hygiene rating, according to the last inspection :ohmy: [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION]

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brew Dog in Brighton. A 1* hygiene rating, according to the last inspection :ohmy: [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION]

Who eats in a Brewdog pub?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No idea. I think I might have eaten some crisps, but you'd hope they'd be safe.

I'm not convinced the kitchen needs to be that clean; the strength of the beer will kill off most bugs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was tempted by their veggie haggis dish, which I noted was made with 'chedder'.

Oh dear. Or should that be oh deer in Brewdog spelling?

Did you try any of the beers?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh dear. Or should that be oh deer in Brewdog spelling?

Did you try any of the beers?

Yeah. This was before the Fulham game, I think. Mini pub crawl - Albert, Nelson, North Laine Brewhouse, Brewdog, Fountain Head.

In fact, it was the same night I walked past you and didn't know until you sent me a text! Beers seemed to have done the job.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This should be the annual, "Bloody hell, Sing Li's isn't on the list" thread!

When Sing Li had a zero rating there was still always a queue out of the door. I've always found the chips there fantastic.....not sure I've ever been there sober though.

As [MENTION=26747]Black Rod[/MENTION] says if the food tastes good and it doesn't kill you then who cares about these ratings!?!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah. This was before the Fulham game, I think. Mini pub crawl - Albert, Nelson, North Laine Brewhouse, Brewdog, Fountain Head.

In fact, it was the same night I walked past you and didn't know until you sent me a text! Beers seemed to have done the job.

I think it was the beers and the beards which confused us both.

Which reminds me, I must remember to visit the Albert; I have always liked that place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Haha of course you can actually get a 0. So in that sense they did ok....

Umm..I wasn't actually joking that much.

"...Any business should be able to reach this top rating." - See more at: http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/h...ratings-find-out-more-en#sthash.AGhNI1sU.dpuf

attachment.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here