Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlie Coppola

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
With news today that Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester all looking at this kid from Lewes question is why aren't we?

How do we know that he is not already on the radar?

hqdefault.jpg

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I played against him earlier in a pre-season friendly and he was class, only 16.

My understanding is that he was with our academy but rejected the chance of a youth contract to concentrate on his A levels! I guess this might change now the big boys are interested, I am sure we're trying to get him in too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's probably read BigGully's views on the youth set up and has decided anywhere is better than Brighton.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
He at Leicester on trial and they're very interested by all accounts

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There was another thread on this, Brighton have apparently approached him previously and he wasn't interested.

Already has an agent. Personally, based on what I've seen he isn't as good as Tilley, although different positions.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
My question is why do people assume in cases like this that we aren't looking?

True. Just assumed the Arsegas might have been on it if we were.

There was another thread on this, Brighton have apparently approached him previously and he wasn't interested.

Already has an agent. Personally, based on what I've seen he isn't as good as Tilley, although different positions.

Did a search for his name, admittedly on tap a crap but still.

Must be something in it for those names to be interested.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I saw a thread complaining that we hadn't picked up a youngster from Burgess Hill, who went to Hull. He hasn't broken into their first team regularly.
Fans also complained about Grant Hall going to Spurs. He's now at Fulham.

Sometimes these work out, like Solly March, and sometimes they don't. Why do fans assume the club aren't watching?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Did a search for his name, admittedly on tap a crap but still.

Must be something in it for those names to be interested.

True, though alleged interest. Leicester only definite.

Plenty of young players are given trials but very few make it.

However, it's a big achievement to even get a week at Leicester.

BurgerNips

Apr 19, 2016
I watched Charlie play when my mate played for the Albion academy and he was class, they offered him a contract but he decided to focus on school and got fantastic grades. But I also have seen others in the academy that are very, very special, from what I understand there is one lad that left Real Madrid to come to our academy! I don't know if it's true but I have seen him play and if we can keep hold on him he could be a huge player for us.

Dec 29, 2011
I saw a thread complaining that we hadn't picked up a youngster from Burgess Hill, who went to Hull. He hasn't broken into their first team regularly.
Fans also complained about Grant Hall going to Spurs. He's now at Fulham.

Sometimes these work out, like Solly March, and sometimes they don't. Why do fans assume the club aren't watching?

Shows the level of your knowledge

cdrahcir

Jun 24, 2011
He wants to become a doctor and is concentrating on his Alevels - he's rejected all approaches

Very level headed kid by all accounts

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
His Dad told me that he left the Albion because he wasn't getting enough playing time and was getting bored.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If we are in the Prem we would be considered alongside those clubs I'm sure......... but from reports in this thread he seems a different case with head screwed on and so sure if he reaches a certain standard he'll put more time into football rather than medicine as there will come a tipping point. Fair play for that to be after exams though. Sounds like he's good enough as long as his heart and desire are there.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I watched Charlie play when my mate played for the Albion academy and he was class, they offered him a contract but he decided to focus on school and got fantastic grades. But I also have seen others in the academy that are very, very special, from what I understand there is one lad that left Real Madrid to come to our academy! I don't know if it's true but I have seen him play and if we can keep hold on him he could be a huge player for us.

You mean Jack Harper? http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/13494663.Albion_confirm_Harper_deal___and_it_looks_a_real_coup/

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
His Dad told me that he left the Albion because he wasn't getting enough playing time and was getting bored.

I heard he was watching films all the time....The Godfather...Apocalypse Now...The Great Gatsby...The Cotton Club....and Peggy Sue got married....are some of his favourites.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here