Date: 29/04/2016
Kick Off: 19:45
Venue: St Andrews​

MATCH OFFICIALS

SIMON HOOPER
Tom Nield and William Smallwood
Fourth Official Andy Woolmer

TEAM NEWS

Tomasz Kuszczak is a major doubt for Birmingham's clash with Middlesbrough with a broken nose.
The former Manchester United goalkeeper suffered the injury in their 1-1 draw against Huddersfield last week and Adam Legzdins stands by to deputise in Friday night's Sky Bet Championship clash at St Andrew's, which is live on Sky Sports 1 HD from 7pm.
Paul Caddis is also a doubt with a calf injury while Arsenal loanee Jon Toral is out for the final two games of the season with a hamstring injury.
Jacques Maghoma is unlikely to feature against Boro after he suffered an ankle injury but James Vaughan is available after being ineligible to face parent club Huddersfield last week.

Promotion-chasing Middlesbrough could still be without defender George Friend for the crucial trip to St Andrew's.
Friend limped out of the draw at Burnley and was left out of last weekend's frustrating goalless draw against Ipswich.
Boss Aitor Karanka, who will give Friend a late test, confirmed he has no fresh injury worries for the match.
Boro know a victory would pile the pressure on promotion rivals Burnley and Brighton, both of whom play on Monday. Karanka's side lie second on goal difference going into Friday's game, with Blues in ninth spot in the table.

PREVIOUS FIXTURE

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
PIG being injured is a major problem. He was outstanding against us, and they need him.

That said he is probably not in the best frame of mind to help us after some of the Oscar chants!

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
How the hell is a broken nose going to keep PIG out the game? Broken hand or finger or leg or neck I understand, but nose? whats the problem?? Steve Bruce used to break his nose almost every game and carry on!!!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
PIG being injured is a major problem.

I was worried about this, however prefer to think of it as the perfect opportunity for Adam Legzdins to show his worth.
Also a good time for the Birmingham players to advertise themselves on TV before the Summer window opens.

You are joking about HOOPS, right ?

Unfortunately not, but he was alright for us last time wasn't he?

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I fancy Birmingham to get something out of this game. They have lost three and drawn two of their last five home games so they owe their supporters a decent performance for this, their last home fixture of 2015/16.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can't see Brum doing anything here. Not based on what we saw against us.

I'm afraid we will just have to do this the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
How the hell is a broken nose going to keep PIG out the game? Broken hand or finger or leg or neck I understand, but nose? whats the problem?? Steve Bruce used to break his nose almost every game and carry on!!!

Get a pair of balls and tell her you are watching it?*

* Sorry, just being cheeky but heard this interview on seagullsplayer last weekend that drove me mad:

Interviewer: So, it is going down to the last game at Middlesbrough, will you be going to that one?
Interviewee: No, i'd love to go but the wife won't let me go to that one.

I despair, I really do.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No way Brum can do anything in theory - but if football was that easy to call I would have made millions winning the pools years ago, so I live in hope that something good happens in this one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Casper had his nose broken in our game against Bournemouth (the handball/penalty that wasn't) at Withdean. He carried on playing.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Here is an amazing fact and one I hope can be continued.....

Birmingham have lost just one of their last 15 home league games against Middlesbrough, winning nine & drawing five.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
BuckleyTime 66

Its on the TV. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/10261547/birmingham-v-middlesbrough-preview

Birmingham fans seem to think it will be a striaghtforward narrow win for Boro and I cannot see any reason it will not be. Even if Boro get nervous, I think they are so much better that they will win without ever looking like drawing or losing. i.e. I would not be surprised of Brum fail even to create a decent chance.

I expect that Birmingham are already on holiday. Unlike Derby who be keen to to maintain match competiveness, the only thing Birmingham will be worried about is keeping the score down so they don't get embarassed. Our game at Birmingham seemed (from the radio) as easy as they get in the Championship.

Adam Legzdins will keep the score down, but just as likely to gift Boro a goal, just to be sporting. Will Buckley will be unemployed this summer if he fails to make the team or do something to eaaaarn his wages. Probably hardly touch the ball, and win a few fouls. Cotterill is quite dangerous as a right winger for Birmingham. Maghoma is another wide player so despite their injuries Buckley might not even start.

I was worried about our match at Birmingham as they are quite quick in midfield, appreciably so. Just the type of team to cause Derby (who are slower) trouble. But with he summer holidays already on their mind, I don't expect them to run around much at all.

Here's hoping Buckley will do something useful like win a penalty with the score at 0-1. Birmingham will then probbaly miss it.

I think the odds are too short for a Boro win that it would not even be worth putting a bet on as part of a double.

After blowing it at Fulham last season, I can't see it happening again? This time Boro won't go all out for a win if they are drawing with a minute to go.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think Koosh is wearing his nose on the back of his head!Hoops seemed a good ref against Charlton,hope he gives the Blues a penno tonight.Fresh coat of blue on the Sleeping Giant's head,come on you bluenoses

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here