Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak report in Czech national papers. The translation makes you smile.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Czech footballer Jiri Skalák. ČTK /
Prague - Footballer George Skalák ruled in its goal of winning Brighton in the second English league over Charlton 3: 1st Czech player to score in 55 minutes to 2: 1, and scored in the second league match in a row. Brighton won for the fifth time in a row and scored the leading duo went on to Burnley - Middlesbrough. Two laps before the end of the base portion and the three candidate for the two qualifying position in the top league.

Video: Skalákův goal in time 1:28

Video of his goal

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Czech footballer Jiri Skalák. ČTK /
Prague - Footballer George Skalák ruled in its goal of winning Brighton in the second English league over Charlton 3: 1st Czech player to score in 55 minutes to 2: 1, and scored in the second league match in a row. Brighton won for the fifth time in a row and scored the leading duo went on to Burnley - Middlesbrough. Two laps before the end of the base portion and the three candidate for the two qualifying position in the top league.

Video: Skalákův goal in time 1:28

Video of his goal

Have you got a link to that please?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ok, my mate has come back to me now with the translation. To be honest it is a bit dull and I prefer the OP's! Anyway here is the translation: .....

Jiri Salak scored a decider in Brighton's win over Charlton. He scored in 55th minute to get a 2:1 lead and he scored in the second league game in a row. It was Brighton's fifth win in a row tying them with duo Burnley - Middlesbrough. With two games to go, there are three contenders for the two automatic promotion spots.

But, my mate then goes on to say.....

I did not know, but he is from a village next to place where I lived with my parents. My dad knows Salak's mate. He calls him from time to time, saying good things about the club.

And spooky spooky, my mates name? Jiří

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yeah, that's what Jiří means. In fact, I think the pronunciation should be closer to Georgie than the Yiri that is often used

Correct. As per my recent post, my mates name is also Jiri, and it is the Czech version of George. Pronunciation is Yigi - with a soft "g" like the "gie" in Georgie

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This is my favourite translation - from a UK EBay seller. He has obviously just typed in what was on the side of the box of the Desolder Station.

The sensor closed path, microcomputer zero crossing triggering controls warm, the power is big, the LED numerical code demonstrated that the elevation of temperature is rapid, temperature precise stable, is not left the wind influence, realizes the non-lead sealing off really really.
Air current quantity adjustable, and the amount of wind the wind is greatly gentle, the temperature control is convenient, may adapt the multiple functions;
The system is equipped with the automatic cold wind function, may lengthen the heating element life and protect the hot air gun.
The fuselage exquisite, is durable, is artistic.
Uses the original installation import not to brush the air blower life to be extremely long, the noise is minimum, uses the high quality heating device, the efficiency may enhance one time under the same power, lengthens the heating device working life effectively and saves the power source.
Blows the shielded box not to change color, is quickly convenient.
Blows welds the line board not to bubble.

I do like an exquisite fuselage and like the sound of a cold wind function!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here