Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re-locating Derby supporters ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
What Tweet?

And without seeing it I suspect they mean from the corner in S1A to just S1B, C and D.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I saw that tweet too but didn't take it too seriously as hadn't seen it backed up with anything from anywhere else.
This is what it said.

Derby fans being moved for Mondays visit to the Amex. Tickets being reissued. @NorthStandChat [MENTION=3501]Seagulls[/MENTION]TID [MENTION=16510]brightonfan[/MENTION]App #expectchaos

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Interesting. Have any Brighton supporters been moved?
Are they coming further into the East so that Brighton fans buying late tickets can be put behind the goal?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can't really see why we should expect chaos, it's just sitting in a different seat. :shrug:

This would back up what I've been harping on about on the Derby sold out thread. They have 1000 coming and these can be accommodated in S1B and S1C in their entirety.

But at the moment it seems they are also spread to include the whole of D and possibly a bit of E.

If true it sounds like a bit of a head ache but should mean another 600+ seats could be made available for home fans.

It won't involve moving the. Into the east. East already sold out to home fans as well as S1A is us too.

Think all have been shocked that Derby didn't just not want a 2000 allocation but they only want 1000 of their initial 1485.

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
This would back up what I've been harping on about on the Derby sold out thread. They have 1000 coming and these can be accommodated in S1B and S1C in their entirety.

But at the moment it seems they are also spread to include the whole of D and possibly a bit of E

If true it sounds like a bit of a head ache but should mean another 600+ seats could be made available for home fans.

It won't involve moving the. Into the east. East already sold out to home fans as well as S1A is us too.

Think all have been shocked that Derby didn't just not want a 2000 allocation but they only want 1000 of their initial 1485.
Brighton could give them those blocks and make it free seating, we have had that in the past and works out fine !

Brighton could give them those blocks and make it free seating, we have had that in the past and works out fine !

Good call. Prob a bit late to send out new tickets. Unreserved seating means 10% reduction in capacity. B, C and a bit of D would be about 1200. 10% less is still 1080 so covers them. We can then sell the reminder of E and a bit more than half of D to Albion fans .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Its a nothing game for them, they already have Playoffs, its on Sky, and they're probably saving their money for the playoffs. I'd have done the same to be honest, no way I'd waste money travelling all that way down for a dead rubber, when there's 2 or 3 more games to shell out for within the next month.

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
Good call. Prob a bit late to send out new tickets. Unreserved seating means 10% reduction in capacity. B, C and a bit of D would be about 1200. 10% less is still 1080 so covers them. We can then sell the reminder of E and a bit more than half of D to Albion fans .
Like it Kingcole the more Brighton the better !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Its a nothing game for them, they already have Playoffs, its on Sky, and they're probably saving their money for the playoffs. I'd have done the same to be honest, no way I'd waste money travelling all that way down for a dead rubber, when there's 2 or 3 more games to shell out for within the next month.

Indeed. And their home leg tickets are already on sale.

I don't disagree but no one really saw them with having nothing to play for when this went on sale. Don't think there is any blame as there isn't really a problem.

If I was a Derby can I certainly would not be making one of longest trips of the season to a dead rubber that's on TV via bank holiday transport when I know I have the play offs 10 days later.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If their fans moan about the rubbish trains, remind them they are the oldest trains on the regular railways and they were built in Derby.

Last_Locomotive_built_at_Brighton_Works_20Mar19571.jpg

Last train (locomotive) built at Brighton. Never been in Division 2 back then.

My Dad had to work in Croydon at the electric depot.

http://www.railuk.info/steam/getsteam.php?row_id=22124

http://mobile.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/brighton-tickets-sold-out-3083730.aspx

Club appear to be saying that the initial allocation of 1618 have sold out. Perhaps the extra tickets released for home supporters is the 400 they had to hold back in case we wanted them? Sounds like it might not be clear until 2.30pm on Monday!

Hmmmm. So the 400 they returned or didn't want were from the 2000 they 'could' have had.

With 1600+ then B, C and D are pretty much fully allocated. In which case I would wager this thread is based on BS. Also don't look like any more will be released for us. Prob no other way of doing it as the vestibules are in the centre of each block, unless the partition can be moved to the edge of D block releasing maybe 250 more in the remainder of E.

Unlikely as club have now said sold out, but they do have form at releasing more late on

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here