Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Birmingham get a result against boro

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's all so simple.
Whatever Boro do to Brum, we have to do to Derby plus 2 goals. We can then go for a draw at Boro (not my fav option though, sitting back and defending).
If Boro draw then we need to beat Derby 2:0 and draw at Boro.
If Boro lose we need to wallop Derby because we can then lose at Boro by a couple and still go up.
Oh wait, I forgot about Burnley.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Providing we beat Derby (not guaranteed) I actually think I'd prefer a Boro win and a Burnley loss, wouldn't like to go to Boro with them needing a victory.
It would be much better for us, with both sides knowing a point will get us both promoted. Playing out a thoroughly boring 0-0 draw with both sets of fans booing both sets of players if they stray into either penalty area.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I fully expect Boro to win 3-0 or a similar result like that. Birmingham aren't exactly a great side.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It makes a huge difference is Boro don't get a win, it means we can lose to Derby and still go up by beating them.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
What I was implying, was that we shouldn't worry about the other teams and still just go for two wins......reading back my post I realise my thoughts were different to the written word....it's been a long year:)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If boro do draw, it doesn't matter how many we beat derby by. 1-0 and then draw with boro will give us a point more than them

But if we get beat off Boro, a shed load of goals might give us a chance of hitting second spot if Burnley lose one of their two games.

Beat Derby, and beat them by a shedload, gives us the best chance of going up top two, whatever happens in the Boro game.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
But if we get beat off Boro, a shed load of goals might give us a chance of hitting second spot if Burnley lose one of their two games.

Beat Derby, and beat them by a shedload, gives us the best chance of going up top two, whatever happens in the Boro game.

But if boro draw tomo (to which I was responding to) it is irrelevant how many we beat Derby by. A 1 goal win then draw at boro will do it

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
But if boro draw tomo (to which I was responding to) it is irrelevant how many we beat Derby by. A 1 goal win then draw at boro will do it

Yes, as long as we get at least a draw at Boro, but we could afford to lose at Boro 1-0 if Burnley lose one of theirs and we have made up the goal difference. In that case, how many we scored against Derby would be very relevant. As Burnley play both their games after we have the result against Derby, it would be wise to try and stuff Derby, just in case, no?

Edit: I missed that you were expressly arguing against a 2-0 being required at Boro

tafkaDG

Apr 27, 2016
You might fancy a look at the table on page 2 of my thread "Borough (sp?)run in permutations".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here