Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Lambert: Blackburn boss to leave Championship side at the end of the season

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I see Paul lambert has seen the light at Blackburn ...or is he being pushed ?

lackburn Rovers manager Paul Lambert will leave the Championship club at the end of the season.

The 46-year-old Scot joined Blackburn in November, but has activated a clause in his contract to leave after their final game against Reading on 7 May.

At the start of the April, former Aston Villa boss Lambert stated he would 'wait and see' about his future after talks with the club's owners Venky's.

He has won 10 of his 31 games in charge as Rovers sit 18th in the league.

Lambert has been quickly installed as odds-on favourite with several bookmakers to take over at Celtic, where he spent seven seasons as a player.

"I would like to place on record my thanks to the owners and especially the players, staff and fans for the tremendous backing and support I have received since I arrived," he told the club website.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bit gutting for Elliott Bennett, who has committed to Blackburn of all places, because he wanted to sign for Lambert again.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I heard Lambert was walking around Asda the other day and he got to the pay desk with only an old woman in front of him, she dropped all her shopping on the floor he helped her to pick it up and said "can you manage?" her reply?? " thanks I don't want the FKN job"

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Any decent players they have left will be sold over the summer I would expect, he knows he has no chance of doing anything there next season

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He's probably off to Celtic to prove himself a great manager and win a treble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here