Ken Livingstone Suspended

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Does this make John Mann a suspedophile?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
From what I can gather, he is a critic of Israel not anti Jews in general.
I too despise the brutal regime of Netanyahu and his supporters - does that make me "anti semetic"....No

Why should Israel be above criticism? If Russia is criticised the critic is not pilloried as anti slavonic, or whatever the adjective would be...

I too despise the brutal regime of Netanyahu and his supporters - does that make me "anti semetic"....No

Why should Israel be above criticism? If Russia is criticised the critic is not pilloried as anti slavonic, or whatever the adjective would be...

I am a Critic of Israels Government, and that makes me Anti-Semitic according to the boards wealthiest poster (self proclaimed)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

I think it might be the bits about Hitler that have proved the final straw today...

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Labour needs to stop imploding.
Although I have only voted Conservative once in my 35 years of being able to vote... I do chuckle at Labours struggles,.... Corbyn is doing his best to make then unelectable... these events are making it worse.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Labour's Omnishambles Omnibus just keep on rolling...

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It had to be done (suspension). Whatever the sentiment, it was the stupidity of the timing and choice of words that is inexcusable. Corbyn's weakness was always going to be party discipline given his record and this whole 'anti- Semitism' row has presented his detractors, both in the party and in the media, with a gift. If Corbyn has acted quickly to suspend Ken in this case it may actually work in his favour.
There is a line to be drawn between legitimate criticism of the Israeli government (fully deserved in my view), criticism of zionism (valid debate but delicate and to be reserved for the right time and place which is NOT london radio or the internet) and anti-Semitism (never, ever, acceptable).
I have no idea what the truth is. I do not believe I have been given evidence either way as to whether Labour has a 'widespread' problem with racism, whether it has grown under Corbyn and whether is it significantly worse than the Tories. Friends who are active in the party in London tell me they personally have not seen or heard anything to suggest the problem exists as being reported, but that is obviously not proof.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Labour needs to stop imploding and start acting like a grown-up opposition.

Labour has serious problems with extremism, It starts with anti-Semitism and carries on with its racist vent with "white privelege etc", this being fuelled by social media as its range of bludgeon terminology expands, isms, phobias deniers etc which is going unchecked. The latest one fresh out the guardian is ""Dog-whistle politics", iow conspiracy theory politics of smear and abuse the speaker

You would think social media would be a good way of spreading positive messages but labour is becoming toxic fast. i mean there are plenty of people on here who think homophobia and Zionists are legitimate terms in debate!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Isn't our country magnificently served by its political parties these days? Corbyn, Cameron, Gove, Fallon, Farage... true giants every one of them.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
, criticism of zionism (valid debate but delicate and to be reserved for the right time and place which is NOT london radio or the internet) .

Heh, i'll call it. You are an anti-semite.

Zionism is just the beleif in the well being of the jewish people and belief in the Jewish state.

Do you mind explaining what you find debatable about the jwish people trying to look after themselves or whats to debate about the existance of the Jewish state.

You could also apologise for your ignorance and go and look up what these terms actually mean.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Looney, please don't derail another thread with your childish nonsense. There's an interesting debate to be had here but unfortunately your presence is likely to ruin it as all you do is slag people off and write deliberately provocative rubbish.

Anyway, Livingstone has made a really stupid decision mentioning Hitler but the real issue here is that nobody seems to be allowed to legitimately have a pop at the Israeli government without being called a racist / anti-Semite.

If I slag off our government does that make me anti British? Total nonsense. No doubt that there are various types of extremist people involved in both major parties but tarring everyone who questions the Israeli regime with the same brush is very, very wrong and just what they want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here