Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peregrine Falcon webcam, Sussex Heights (next to Churchill Sq)

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Wonderful birds these. If anyone is interested, the first two chicks hatched yesterday with the other two eggs likely to break through today or tomorrow. Dad is going to be very, very busy. Here's the nest box webcam; one inside the nest box and one sitting just above it. http://sussexheights.co.uk/sussex-heights-brighton-peregrine-falcons-nestbox-camera

For anyone that doesn't know where Sussex Heights is, just stand opposite Churchill Sq shopping centre facing south and it is the very tall, white building to your right. You can see the black nest box sitting at the top. Standing there watching the birds hunt live are just mind blowing, especially when they are teaching the chicks how to hunt by flying up and dropping a pigeon carcass for them to catch. Carnage.

Anyway, enjoy.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
get yourself a pair of decent binos and you get a great view of these from Churchill Square. 8x42 is about right.

I could look at those birds for hours, saw a pair of chiffchaffs down at Cuckmere haven last week & a couple of Ringed Plovers. still waiting for my first cuckoo of the year though

Regards
DR

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There's a sparrow hawk lives near us somewhere. The other day we spotted he'd caught a pigeon or baby seagull and was ripping it apart on the steps of the house across the road. It was quite funny when the owner cam home and saw his steps covered in blood, guts, feathers and sh*te; his shoulders slumped and his body language was "Oh for f..k sake".
Beautiful creatures, thanks for sharing

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Last year we had a bird box with a built in camera on our back wall. Hooked the camera up to the main TV and it was prime time viewing every night. And when the chicks are born it's like your own family. We watched the parents bring them up but sadly of the 6 only 3 made it.
We had one egg this year but it seems the parents have disappeared which is sad.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
get yourself a pair of decent binos and you get a great view of these from Churchill Square. 8x42 is about right.

I could look at those birds for hours, saw a pair of chiffchaffs down at Cuckmere haven last week & a couple of Ringed Plovers. still waiting for my first cuckoo of the year though

Regards
DR

Nice! We were fortunate enough to have a chiffchaff in our garden last week singing away. I took a walk down to the beach last week to see I could see any returning migrants and was very fortunate to witness two swallows returning just metres away from me.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Last year we had a bird box with a built in camera on our back wall. Hooked the camera up to the main TV and it was prime time viewing every night. And when the chicks are born it's like your own family. We watched the parents bring them up but sadly of the 6 only 3 made it.
We had one egg this year but it seems the parents have disappeared which is sad.

Do you know what bird it was that had laid the egg? It sounds as if, with the parents disappearing like that, that one of them may have sadly been a victim to a sparrowhawk or even another predator, including garden cats who kill millions of birds each year across the UK.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
Last time i went with England a few years ago some lads were liberating track suit tops from local stores, i managed to find myself in a camping retailer and a pair of Canon image stabilizer 8x42 bins accidently ended up in my rucksac. Whats the best time to watch the perigrins?

Regards

DR

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Last time i went with England a few years ago some lads were liberating track suit tops from local stores, i managed to find myself in a camping retailer and a pair of Canon image stabilizer 8x42 bins accidently ended up in my rucksac. Whats the best time to watch the perigrins?

Regards

DR
Bloody hell S, you were doing a great job of rehabilitating your rep on here and you went and spoiled it :lolol:

I saw this and thought, Blimey someones hacked Das's account.

Regards
DR

Then saw this and thought, All is right with the world again

Regards

DR

I used to live on the 17th floor of Chartwell Court, the tower next to Sussex Heights. I could see Peregrines from my balcony and many times watched them diving on unsuspecting manky pigeons. I never saw them take on a seagull though

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

Regards

DR

You know, when I saw that you had commented earlier on my first thought was "oh FFS, what sarcastic BS is he going to come up with". And that's purely from seeing your posts on here. I don't know you from Adam. I was pleasantly surprised that you reeled off chiffchaffs, cuckoo, etc. I thought a door had been opened to a new, wonderful friendship.

Then you ruined it. But thanks for living up to general expectations :thumbsup:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Managed to take a screenshot:

Untitled.png

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Regards
DR

https://youtu.be/FxGQZTUnqg8

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Thanks mate. I've been doing the same and posting them on Facebook. It's taking my mind of the promotion race, although I need to do some work as well!

No worries.

& Me too! Anything to keep me from doing work or thinking about football!

1 of the chicks is hatching right now.

Untitled.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here