Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior. I'm glad I was dumped by Hull

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/144...mped_by_Hull__admits_Albion_ace/?ref=mrb&lp=1

Liam Rosenior says being dumped by Hull and moving to Albion has been a blessing in disguise.

Rosenior was released by Hull at the end of last season after they were relegated back to the Championship.

The versatile 31-year-old was snapped up by the Seagulls within a month and has played an important part in their promotion challenge.

Hull are in the play-offs but Albion are seven points better off and still have a chance of taking Rosenior straight back to the Premier League automatically with two games to go.

He told The Argus: “It doesn’t feel lucky at the time when you get released but it feels like a blessing now. I’m a big believer in that, if you do things right and you are a good person then good things happen to you. That’s the way I try to treat my children, that’s the messages I give to them.

“Sometimes things that happen that you think are terrible in your life can end up in a positive. That has definitely happened to me.

“I saw it coming (at Hull) but I don’t know how many players play a massive percentage of games in the Premier League, stay up, play in an FA Cup final, captain a club in Europe and get released a year later. I don’t know many players who have been through that, which was tough.

“But, as soon as I heard Brighton were interested, it just made me want to pick up the challenge again and I saw it as a very similar situation to Hull when I joined them.

“When you get released or sacked from a job you can go one of two ways, get down in the dumps and feel sorry for yourself or move on.

“I’ve just been really lucky. I couldn’t have come to a better football club and hopefully it will work out fantastically.

“It will be an unbelievable story for me personally but more importantly an unbelievable story for the club.”

Rosenior is set to shrug off a back spasm and make his 31st league appearance of the season at left-back in Monday’s final home game against Derby (2.30) as Albion aim for two more wins to guarantee a place in the top flight for the first time in 37 years.

So are we, Liam, so are we.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can't see the quote where he actually said that though ?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
He makes our defence more solid and Dunk a more controlled player too. If we end up meeting Hull in the play offs (if we end up in the play offs), he ought to be made captain - reading between the lines he's got scores to settle with Bruce

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Dreadful headline from the Argus!

But what a signing he's been, always the first to march over to the away fans after a hard fought away win! Top player and a top bloke!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I can't see the quote where he actually said that though ?

The headline is not a quote. It's paraphrasing "it feels like a blessing now". (Slightly dodgy though, I agree)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Rosewood is I believe our best signing for the whole season. I know hemed has got the goals and bobby gave us a huge lift, but Liam has clearly given as much off the pitch as he has on it. Another calde perhaps

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Rosewood is I believe our best signing for the whole season. I know hemed has got the goals and bobby gave us a huge lift, but Liam has clearly given as much off the pitch as he has on it. Another calde perhaps

Go on billy. image.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have I ever mentioned that I love Liam Rosenior?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
At the start of the season I thought Rosenior was another Aaron Hughes type of signing, not really required but would add a bit of experience to the squad. It's remarkable how wrong I was, Rosenior is a class act on the wing or at full back, he's really surprised me and he's been one of the most important players in the squad throughout the season. It's no accident that we were dropping off when he was out, obviously not having Bong at the same time contributed as well, but even if he had been I'm not convinced Bong makes as much of an impact that Rosenior does. He's a top Championship player, and he'd do a job for us a level higher as well - great bit of business by Hughton.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"I'm glad I was dumped by Hull"

said Emu as he fells into the arms of Bernie Clifton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here