Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now That's Interesting

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
Interestingly when it comes to our points total so far this season we've only taken 13 points out of a possible 42 points against any of the seven teams that join us in the top eight. With obviously two games left against two of those teams we will need to make that 19 points from a possible 48 points to win promotion automatically to the Premiurship, depending on what Boro & Burnley do of course.
Down at the other end of the table the story is obviously somewhat different, as from the bottom ten teams we've taken 51 points from a possible 60.

Last edited:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
do-not-dwell-in-the-past-do-not-dream-of-the-future-concentrate-the-mind-on-the-present-moment-b.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Derby got a controversial penalty to score an equaliser and Boro played us when we were racked with injuries. It is true that we've only beaten Hull in the top 6, but there's no reason why we shouldn't win now.

el punal

Against the top six clubs we've only lost once, to Middlesbrough, with an injury ravaged team. The important thing now is to forget what went on before and concentrate on the next two games, and possibly, the three after.

As it stands we are in pretty good shape. We look confident and composed, look dangerous when attacking and solid when defending. It will now be a matter of which team holds their nerve . . . . and maybe the intervention of Lady Luck.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You can look at this so many ways. I prefer that against the current top 6 we have only lost once at that was Boro after 3 tough away games and a lot of injuries.
However this means absolutely nothing all we need to do is win the next 2

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Interestingly when it comes to our points total so far this season we've only taken 13 points out of a possible 42 points against any of the seven teams that join us in the top eight. With obviously two games left against two of those teams we will need to make that 19 points from a possible 48 points to win promotion automatically to the Premiurship, depending on what Boro & Burnley do of course.
Down at the other end of the table the story is obviously somewhat different, as from the bottom ten teams we've taken 51 points from a possible 60.

we dont need to win both, a draw and a win will do it (17 from 48) as long as the draw is derby and the win boro.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Am I missing something here?

Isn't it 13 out of a possible 36 points and potentially 19 out of 42 points? There are seven other teams apart from Brighton in the top eight with two matches to play....:ffsparr:

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
I dont understand - I thought we hadnt played anyone good yet!:albion2:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ok Einstein, you would also have to work out the points all the top 8 clubs have gained from the top 8 as well, because none of them would have taken the max points either. If you can get that right and the max points correct it would be a start.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Well I want to know where each team was when we played them and how many points we got against the top 6 over the course of the season. I'm fairly certain that will be the key to unlocking whether we've played anyone decent yet.

Interesting thought that. Is it possible for a team to never actually play anyone 'in the top six' over the course of a season?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here