Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else wish they could wake up and it was all over

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I feel like my head is fit to explode. I have spent the last few months filling in promotion calculators, creating spreadsheets showing fixtures and likely results for the contenders. I have watched first Derby and then Hull fall off the pace to leave just the three current challengers fighting it out. I have seen far too many last minute goals for even a healthy heart to withstand and here we are, just two games from the promised land.

The problem is, I just want it to all go away - I want to wake up on May 8th and realise we have done it. I have a real sense of dread about Monday's game against Derby, not because I think we will get beaten, more the what IF- then my head spins into another round of permutations of goal difference and what if scenarios.

For my sanity and my families, and not being able to get a ticket for Boro, my wife and I have booked to go away - we are going to be in the middle of nowhere in the Kent countryside, with limited phone reception and certainly no wi-fi. At around 2 o'clock I intend to walk to the nearest village where I should be able to get phone signal and pick up the last 15 to 20 minutes of the season.

Some of you might find this weird that I can't watch what would be our biggest game since Hereford, but I just can't, I simply wouldn't enjoy it. I never ever watch penalties and this would be like watching 90 minutes of penalties rolled into one!

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
I never ever watch penalties and this would be like watching 90 minutes of penalties rolled into one!

Do you sit next to me in N1I ???? he couldn't watch Tomer Hemed's penalty against Fulham either

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I never ever watch penalties and this would be like watching 90 minutes of penalties rolled into one!

Do you sit next to me in N1I ???? he couldn't watch Tomer Hemed's penalty against Fulham either

No, that's not me - but nice to know in a way that there are like minded souls out there.

For me, the Boro game would be like watching Dr Who when I was a kid, hiding behind the sofa watching through my fingers as the Cybermen marched across the screen. Though this time it would be Jordan Rhodes and crew making me scared witless :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
These moments will not come along too often in our lives so I'm savouring every second.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
These moments will not come along too often in our lives so I'm savouring every second.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

I want to enjoy it, but just can't - I couldn't sit still or concentrate when I watched the Forest game on the box, my legs were constantly shaking and I just felt stupidly nervous!

I think you would be able to multiply that feeling a thousand fold on May 7th.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ahoy could be waking up to find us in the playoffs or do you want to wake up when they are over and perhaps find us playing in the Championship next season. Would that be better than actually watching the games? I think not, whatever the end result. I am loving this season, not going to wish away two to five games thanks.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Ahoy could be waking up to find us in the playoffs or do you want to wake up when they are over and perhaps find us playing in the Championship next season. Would that be better than actually watching the games? I think not, whatever the end result. I am loving this season, not going to wish away two to five games thanks.

I want to agree with you, and I am sure I will enjoy the Derby game once I am safely in my seat, but it's the build up - in my head more than anything.

Like I said, it is going through the countless permutations, the what ifs, etc., it just fills me with dread.

I too am loving this season, probably like no other I can remember since the mid 70s. I just want it to end - happily!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
But this is what sport is all about. Enjoy the high whilst you can as they don't come along very often. Watching is worse than participating though, that's for sure.

If going through all the permutations is filling you with dread, then stop doing it! There is nothing that you and I can do about it (other than screaming/singing your head off) - what will be will be. But the main thing is ENJOY IT!!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This is the reason we watch football, for the elating highs and frustrating lows. Would you rather be in mid-table right now with nothing to play for?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm enjoying the moment apart from the last ten minutes of a game, when it gets unbearable. That's why the last two home games have been great as I haven't had that tense sick feeling that we're going to concede a goal.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
This is the reason we watch football, for the elating highs and frustrating lows. Would you rather be in mid-table right now with nothing to play for?

No, I wouldn't rather be mid-table - we will save that for next year in the Premier League.

I just can't help it, it's in my head, like a little voice whispering to me all the time - I find it hard to concentrate on work and I spend way way too much time on here, hoping to find a nugget of information that will make me feel more calm! Doesn't work though...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The opposite.

I'm not looking forward to it being over.

9 days until PL, and the season finished. Blink and it's gone. And it's been my favourite all time season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The way I look at it is that if we fail to get automatic promotion we'll have two or three more games to look forward to, if we muck up the playoffs it'll be disappointing but we'll hopefully be pushing hard again next year and be enjoying something similar. It has been a great season.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes I am getting more nervous watching the games as the end of the season gets closer but the explosion of pure joy when we score and win far out weighs all the nervous tension. As eavh game progesses I find that I am looking at either the stadium clock or my watch more frequently. Until the Hemed penalty at Charlton I got this down to about every 30 seconds wanting the game to end.
But just to be there for the celebrations at the end of the game makes up for all those seasons when you knew that if we conceded the first goal the game was lost.
Its just like being at the top of the first drop on a hig rollercoaster where you may be questioning why did I agree to come on this but at the end of the ride you are buzzing and want to get on again.

Fun times

D

Deleted User X18H

No not at all . Being a Brightonian and brought up in Hove and supporting the Albion post Hereford and pre Withdean I am loving every minute of it.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I enjoy the feeling at the final whistle and afterwards but pre match and during the game until we are at least 3-0 up is painful!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

Mid table ? We're the Albion and we don't DO mid table - but very rarely. We're usually fighting at one end of the table or the other

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here