Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought the master plan was to build the North and South stands, oh hang on

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What about a Lego stand like in the 80's ?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
IIRC Barber commented in a fairly recent interview that there are a few hundred or so additional seats that could be added, but that's about it. I think it was all down to the maximum imposed by our ever supportive local council...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
IIRC Barber commented in a fairly recent interview that there are a few hundred or so additional seats that could be added, but that's about it. I think it was all down to the maximum imposed by our ever supportive local council...
Brighton council has been supportive of the amex. Surely you're mixing it up with Lewes?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
WSU will surely get one of these...
2016-04-27-21-53-52-1513745537.jpeg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No point increasing the capacity by too many. With all those extra supporters the early leaving army will be exiting the ground from about the 50th minute to vest the queues for the trains and car parks leaving a half empty ground for the 2nd half

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Could the AMEX have another STAND built in time for next season on top of the NORTH or south to cope with the DEMAND for tickets in the PREMIER ? Or could the EAST go UPWARDS with another TEAR on top ?

Surely Barber can get this sorted in time for August otherwise there will be 50k LOCKED out at each match.

Yes, it is all planned

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=29916]Kellie[/MENTION] was on the one show this evening. She never mentioned Ernest or his sausage once.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The cost of structure change will be in the tens of millions. It will take quite a long time for 5000 extra seats worth of ticket revenue to cover that.

As much as i'd love another tier on the north, or it's size increased somehow, I think TB and co. will be focusing mainly on strengthening the squad and ensuring some kind of stability in the PL.

If there was demand above and beyond 5k for a couple of seasons then maybe, but for now should be happy with what we have.

This is all assuming we even go up, which I would love to be confident about but i've supported BHA for too long to take anything for granted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
[MENTION=29916]Kellie[/MENTION] was on the one show this evening. She never mentioned Ernest or his sausage once.

Indeed the great Kellie was, I waited for referencing that sausage but alas nothing was mentioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here