Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chortle

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4851795

This makes me chuckle. I'm not suggesting we will be anything other than second favourites, but :

"I cannot think of one reason why they would.

At home in front of a full house, with a vastly superior side who don't concede.

They have no chance of getting a result against us.

We may not turn it on against the smaller teams some times, but against rivals especially at home, we are very strong.

Brighton really should be planning for the play offs in my opinion."

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
And that is why we have a chance.

They've already played the game in their heads and on paper.

We'll turn up and play it on the pitch.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They should really be thinking about Brum first. Their record is not good at St Andrews. Let them get ahead of themselves, I'm thinking of nothing but Derby - As I would imagine our lads are.

Oct 25, 2003
I like the poster who backs up his claim that they're superior by using the fact that they've already beaten us as 'proof'

so Rotherham and Walsall are also 'vastly superior' to us as well then?

And that is why we have a chance.

They've already played the game in their heads and on paper.

We'll turn up and play it on the pitch.

You may be confusing the idle ramblings of a fan with the mindset of a Professional player there in my opinion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You may be confusing the idle ramblings of a fan with the mindset of a Professional player there in my opinion.

Quite. If someone can post quotes from Adam Clayton and Aitor Karanka, spouting this kind of crap, then I'll take notice.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
if you're a 'vastly superior side' to a team that you're LEVEL ON POINTS WITH over 44 games then it suggests that you've underachieved a fair bit

I would say have have VASTLY underachieved having spent £30m+ on players (plus MASSIVE wages). They should have ROMPED to the title but instead are level on points with us and are no way guaranteed promotion. No wonder their fans are SHITTING it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Very true. But, you can bet your life that Boro players will not fancy playing us last game - Especially if we continue our fine form against Derby.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Apparently we are "fast track bullies". :dunce:

This theory was based on the fact that we've only won once against anyone in the top six this season. We've only lost once as well, and not to any of them away from home.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This theory was based on the fact that we've only won once against anyone in the top six this season. We've only lost once as well, and not to any of them away from home.

I know. But the term is "flat track bully".

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
To be fair if you read the whole thread there is a good number of worried Boro fans on there who are sensibly suggesting it won't be easy for them. I wouldn't say they sound any more confident than we do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be fair if you read the whole thread there is a good number of worried Boro fans on there who are sensibly suggesting it won't be easy for them. I wouldn't say they sound any more confident than we do.

Exactly what I thought - ignore the goons and it's all pretty sensible - certainly no worse than on here........

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I dont think they realise that we have not been outside the top 6 all season apart from the very first game and when they played us it was a different team than now .
I do love the quotes from Burnley and Boro that we have done well to keep up ,it does make me smile .
But I am quite happy for them to think they are the billy big bo**ocks of the league .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here