Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seb Coe's Olympic legacy for GB

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
He has helped expose the drugs everyone else takes but not us.
He has also done a lot of work for Nike and gave them a World Championship in Oregon in return.
His legacy is yet to be fully exposed. Always been a Steve Ovett's man myself.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
The Olympic legacy was simply an essential part of the bidding process, it was always a bit of an illusion!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The Olympic legacy was simply an essential part of the bidding process, it was always a bit of an illusion!

As you said that was a core part of the bid we were led to believe, shirley it can't have been an illusion? I don't know if anyones been up to the olympic park recently and what you views are? Bit of a tragedy if you love sports!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Had the committee responsible for negotiating with West Ham actually done their jobs, I'd say the legacy would have been a fairly good one.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I might be looking at the short term nature of a slide and my lack of faith in it establishing a sporting legacy, but given how good the royals are for tourism maybe we could have the queen herself open it!?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The 'Olympic legacy' has always been a bit of smoke and mirrors, has it not? The only legacy that it ever really leaves behind is sporting venues that aren't used anywhere near as much as they need to be.

It doesn't even affect participation levels beyond a short term spike during and immediately after the event.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Legacy to me means more PE in schools and much much more investment in grass roots sports.

Invest in our youth to become qualified coaches and stop relying on volunteer parents for everything. Subsidise sports clubs so that every kid, no matter their background, can have easy access to a wide range of sports with quality facilities available for all, not just the elite.

Won't happen though, and certainly not under this Government.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Legacy to me means more PE in schools and much much more investment in grass roots sports.

Invest in our youth to become qualified coaches and stop relying on volunteer parents for everything. Subsidise sports clubs so that every kid, no matter their background, can have easy access to a wide range of sports with quality facilities available for all, not just the elite.

Won't happen though, and certainly not under this Government.

This Government only wants to make every school into an academy so the academy can then immediately flog off the school's playing fields to property developers without the local authority sticking it's nose in. Shameful.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
we've got this lovely new kit for rio to look forward to?

96446209-gb-kit-sport-large_trans++BDCnIxthzPLaVuHdTEmpqE5gY4y_54e0DvuLJ6w9jdM.jpg
96445498-gb-tracksuits-sport-large_trans++uWljxTX2ToqwW26CTqWzxz1eGPrXhFtpeBW87m9bj0s.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's a Tory, what were you expecting apart from gifting his wealthy mates with stadia and events?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here