Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob Dylan Cover Versions

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Although the Beatles are the most covered artists of all time I reckon Dylan beats them in terms of the number of different songs covered by other artists purely by virtue of the fact that the Beatles' catalogue was formulated within the space of just 8 years whereas Dylan's has built up over the past 55 years so naturally there are far more songs to choose from. Even if you don't like Dylan or indeed have never heard of him I'm sure that there's a song out there that you like that was written by him or that you might not even be aware was written by him. Adele's "Make You Feel My Love" being a case in point, which I didn't discover was a Dylan original until quite a while after its release.

Which Dylan cover versions do you like and do you prefer it to the original.

I'm going to get the ball rolling with this little known gem by Spirit. Listen out for the cat miaow at 4.33 which goes with the line "You used to ride on a chrome horse with your diplomat, who carried on his shoulder a siamese cat"

I don't prefer it to the original as that would be too hard to beat but it's up there as one of my favourite Dylan covers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWCxAElOSxM

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw The Rolling Stones perform Like A Rolling Stone once. It really worked.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
A third knock on Heaven's Door

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here