Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those of you that like a few pints at the football

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I don't often have a drink at the football (although if I'm well enough to go to Derby I might have a couple afterwards) but read a lot of people who have a couple before, couple at half time and a couple after.

If you were allowed to drink in view of the pitch, would you have more, less or about the same ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't often have a drink at the football (although if I'm well enough to go to Derby I might have a couple afterwards) but read a lot of people who have a couple before, couple at half time and a couple after.

If you were allowed to drink in view of the pitch, would you have more, less or about the same ?

Less or the same for me i think, no need to rush before the game if this was the case. I've no interest in the bars being open during play but it would be nice to be able to finsh a pre-match or half-time pint in my seat. Not to mention being able to enjoy a swifty after the game in the seating area as we did after the St Valentines Day massacre.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Probably slightly less. The drinking up beforehand, and rushing at half-time encourages bigger mouthfuls at times.

b51921a0-c819-0131-bc93-668635203647.gif

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

More, would probably have a couple during the game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I might have one in my seat sometimes.

A side effect would be that you'd inevitably have to be prepared to accept loads more people barging past for TOILET breaks in the middle of the game though.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Probably the same. But I would add that more importantly it would be spread over a longer time. I would probably get one at half time and finish it during the half instead of trying to down it.

I've started to hang back on the beers at matches now though. Far too many memories of the Albion have been marred by hangovers or fuzzy memories

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Charlton bar was a joke... made us que down the stairs and then as soon as the half time whistle went that system went out the ****ing window and I was left there in a queue that was no longer one... Had to neck the pint. On the plus side you can see 2/3 of the pitch from the bar at charlton....

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I went to a German football match recently and was looking forward to drinking in the stands but the novelty wore off after 1 pint and everyone constantly going to get a top up or go to the toilet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd probably have the same, just not feeling the need to squeeze an extra one in before KO or at HT. I think 12 pints is enough in a day as it is.:drink::whistle::cool:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Charlton bar was a joke... made us que down the stairs and then as soon as the half time whistle went that system went out the ****ing window and I was left there in a queue that was no longer one... Had to neck the pint. On the plus side you can see 2/3 of the pitch from the bar at charlton....

Cg-y_KYWYAEl9XG.jpg

I thought about getting a pint as well...but then thought better of it. :ohmy:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Get pissed enough without needing to drink in our seats too! Plus think of the carnage if we score..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I went to a German football match recently and was looking forward to drinking in the stands but the novelty wore off after 1 pint and everyone constantly going to get a top up or go to the toilet.

Every time a goal was scored at Dortmund you lost your pint and got covered in beer. Nobody cared, great atmosphere and very relaxed.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
More.Normally two before then sometimes one at halftime but cannot be bothered. So we would probably have 4 pints. I think they sould serve quart glasses.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

you must have felt snookered in that que. .......I found it better in the queue

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Rugby World Cup we were able to drink in the stands. Personally I had the usual 1 pre match but took 1 more in to the ground. Half time I went and got 1 more, so three instead of two. BUT the rugby was well equipped to supply with mobile bars everywhere and no queues. £5 a pint though! Many fans went crazy though.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think I'd have about the same but it'd be spread across the day a bit more. As it is I get into the pub with enough time to have 2 or 3 before the game and, as I'm a bit lightweight, am a bit sozzled. Then neck one at half time and then its goodnight Vienna as the night descends into a drunken blur.

But! If I could drink in my seat I'd have one in the pub, another during the game and then a couple afterwards. Probably.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No different I think. I get far too animated at football to worry about holding liquid in my hands. Mates would end up wearing it and me not drinking it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here