Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any excel wizards?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have two columns

One that gives a planned end time and date of a particular job, the next one that gives the actual resolved time and date of that job

What I need is the next colum to show a formula that says:

If cell 2, column b time is before cell 2, column a time, then write in cell 3. " in time". If not, then write " out of time"

Does that make any sense? I am just trying to get at a formula that compares two dates/ times and tells me which is late or not.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
=if(b2<a2,"In Time","Out of Time")

If you are happy for them to equal, i.e. exact due time = on time then add an "=", i.e. =if(b2<=a2,"In Time","Out of Time")

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
=if(b2<a2,"In Time","Out of Time")

If you are happy for them to equal, i.e. exact due time = on time then add an "=", i.e. =if(b2<=a2,"In Time","Out of Time")

That is quite brilliant mate. When I next see you I will buy you a pint. Many many thanks.

Dave

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thanks also Kingston seagull

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Should do some conditional formatting too to really spice it up. Make it so that if it is in time the cell highlights green and when its not it highlights red...

Oooooh...how do you do that? ( cheeky ******* look on google...I hear you mutter).

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Oooooh...how do you do that? ( cheeky ******* look on google...I hear you mutter).

See at the top on the home tab there will be a thing that says conditional formatting Capture.PNG

Clcik that then click on highlight cells rule.

Then click on Text that contains.

Then type in time or out of time and then apply the colour from the drop down selection on the right.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Highlight the cells and select 'Conditional Formatting' from the top bar. I think it should be on the Home Tab.

Select Highlight Cell Rules, and then either 'contains text' or equal to' Type in the Text and chose the colour scheme. You will have to do this for each but it will show the two in different colours and set you up for a cracking Performance Hubs

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Highlight the cells and select 'Conditional Formatting' from the top bar. I think it should be on the Home Tab.

Select Highlight Cell Rules, and then either 'contains text' or equal to' Type in the Text and chose the colour scheme. You will have to do this for each but it will show the two in different colours and set you up for a cracking Performance Hubs

Uh oh! We've got a geek off!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Another question on Excel for much needed help...

I need to put together comprehensive averages for my village cricket club.

I want to know a formula that will recognise an innings that the batsman was 'not out' in when calculating completed innings- without having to produce another column for said innings.

Is this possible ?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

I want to know a formula that will recognise an innings that the batsman was 'not out' in when calculating completed innings- without having to produce another column for said innings.

Is this possible ?

What's the identifier for him not being out. Sorry could you explain a bit clearer?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

Is this possible ?

I think what you're asking is a way of higlighting the batsman was not out but you dont want a column that says out or not out? correct?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Is this possible ?

Quite simple if you can be completely consistent with how you write "Not Out", i.e. no extra spaces/hyphens etc. A countif formula could count the number of times "Not Out" appears and deduct this from the number of innings to get the number of times the batsmen has lost his wicket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here