Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final Game On Sky?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I would imagine it is 100% guaranteed, although I haven't checked out who Leeds are playing that day :lolol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
They'll make the decision on which games they will show after this weekends games.

But, yes, our game WILL be one of them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's unlikely, Leeds are away to Preston with both teams fighting for a top 10 finish.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Relegation is sorted so it won't be any of them.

If the results go completely against us this weekend meaning we'd need to win 7-0 at Boro for promotion, and if Cardiff win at Sheff Wed taking the last play-off place to the final day, then maybe Sky would think it's worth showing those games instead... but I can't see that happening.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They may be holding back to see who are the likely title winners so that would be the game on SS1 with the other game of another SS channel as they would want to show the trophy being presented.

Not sure how well that will go down at Boro if its us, or indeed at Charlton as they will have more exposure for any demos

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Relegation is sorted so it won't be any of them.

If the results go completely against us this weekend meaning we'd need to win 7-0 at Boro for promotion, and if Cardiff win at Sheff Wed taking the last play-off place to the final day, then maybe Sky would think it's worth showing those games instead... but I can't see that happening.

To need a 7-0 win at boro last day we will need the net goal difference to decrease by 12 goals. So lose 6-0 and them win 6-0....Even the worst pessimist on NSC would doubt that!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sky are in the tricky position that they can only show 2 games.

They are having meetings about whether they can show our game rather than one of the Leeds or Massive Wednesday spectaculars.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They may be holding back to see who are the likely title winners so that would be the game on SS1 with the other game of another SS channel as they would want to show the trophy being presented.

Not sure how well that will go down at Boro if its us, or indeed at Charlton as they will have more exposure for any demos

Unless Boro win it I cannot see the trophy being presented that day

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's been announced that the trophy will not be presented at Charlton should Burnley win the league.
But if we do win it, when will it be presented? Free day out at the Amex or just prior to when the Brighton Mayor, the green party & others we only hear about once a year stand on a terrace and shout their glee at a club they support fanatically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here