Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Absorbing" Andy says - not the adjective I would use!

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Andy Taylor writing in the Argus today -

"Sam Baldock is right to say Albion deserve to be in the Premier League.

Andre Gray would be too if he said the same thing about Burnley, likewise Jordan Rhodes at Middlesbrough.

You do not always get what you deserve but I'm hoping the three teams locked together at the top of an absorbing Championship promotion race will all by May 28 be looking forward to trips to stadiums called King Power and Liberty next season, not New York and Madjeski." .....etc.....etc...

Are you only absorbed, Andy? - I'm finding it utterly, utterly excruciating!

What word would you use?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As a neutral outsider, although with some vested interest, I guess it might be absorbing.

Not sure I'm happy with anyone associated with the Albion saying we deserve to be in the Premier League though - the table after 46 will determine that (and then the play-offs, obvs).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Andy Taylor writing in the Argus today -

"Sam Baldock is right to say Albion deserve to be in the Premier League.

Andre Gray would be too if he said the same thing about Burnley, likewise Jordan Rhodes at Middlesbrough.

You do not always get what you deserve but I'm hoping the three teams locked together at the top of an absorbing Championship promotion race will all by May 28 be looking forward to trips to stadiums called King Power and Liberty next season, not New York and Madjeski." .....etc.....etc...

Are you only absorbed, Andy? - I'm finding it utterly, utterly excruciating!

What word would you use?

Moist.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
It's like knowing you owe someone a shit load of money, knowing that if your luck holds then in a couple of weeks you'll be fine and able to pay it off 10x over but without that luck you're sunk and relying on Wonga.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think "amazing" would be a better adjective to use - I would never have expected this division to be all square for the top three sides with two games to go, let alone the Albion to be one of them.

A brilliant season irrespective of how it finishes.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'd love to be able to say the same, but if we don't go up and Palace win the FA Cup it will be a ****ing awful season, despite some of the great football we have played recently.

Ha! I couldn't give a toss about Palace, and I reached a certain amount of ambivalence about our finishing position when I realised I couldn't make any of the play-off fixtures due to holidays and other commitments!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I love those title/promotion/relegation deciding days when you're (in my case) streaming all the vital games, watching one whilst trying to keep an eye on the other(s). The fact that we will be involved in such last day of the season shenanigans makes me, frankly, a bit scared...

But in a good way. Should be fun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here