Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

19 years ago today last game at the goldstone

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
92nd in the football league.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Emotional times, it did really feel like we were walking along a tie rope.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Incredibly I'd forgotten about Exeter also being terrible that year.

In some ways they were in the same position as Burnley are this year as the other two 'contenders' had to face each other on the final day.

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 09.02.50.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
19 years. Jesus, that's scary

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looking at that table, it is also interesting to see the likes of hartlepools, Torquay, Darlington down the bottom as they are in dire straights now and are down the bottom almost every year. I read somewhere that Darlington are now in the 9th tier of the game and had to move out of their stadium which is now home to the local rugby ground.

Remember them hammering us at gillingham with their striker, gabbiadini scoring a hatful.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Strange feeling watching those clips and seeing those pictures. It's hard to explain how you can be sick to the stomach and elated all at the same time but that sums up my feelings during the match. The tension was horrendous and only surpassed by the Hereford game so overall not particularly 'happy' memories as watching your football club teeter on the brink of extinction is a harrowing experience. On the plus side it has somewhat immunised me to the following 19 years of ups and downs and means I remain relatively calm in our current more pleasurable predicament.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Walk Away came on the radio at the weekend whilst I was driving with my daughter, who is an avid Albion fan of course.

I tried to explain to her the significance of that song to me.

Pretty much everyone here will understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxPW19rO1OI

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
19 years, blimey. Twentieth anniversary of thre York protests.

I didn't go to the Doncaster game, was out of the country. So my last game was Exeter in February. Only realised it was my last time at the Goldstone when I got home later, probably for the best as not sure I could have dragged myself away. Instead it was just like I will always remember it, gleaming floodlights against the night sky, a happy crowd streaming home across Hove Park after a hard-fought 1-0 win. Wish I could take my kids there, but I'm proud to be able to take them to the Amex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here