Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling West London experts

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Parking advice please,
I'm going to a function in London Saturday night and I'm looking for a pay car park near a tube station.
Must be open 24 hours
It has been suggested Ealing Broadway ( but closes at midnight)
And Hammersmith

Any ideas??

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Heathrow Terminal Five short stay? The cost will be eye watering, but assuming you live in Swindon, it will be easy to access.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Plenty of metered parking (payable to 8pm I think) in The Butts near Brentford station. Just off the A4 so easy access -mainline takes ~25 mins to Waterloo. Some faster trains and you can use Oyster.

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
Free on road parking at Little Venice from Friday evening until Monday morning. Safe as houses and right on top of Warwick Avenue, if that helps.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Depends exactly where you are going there are plenty of options but different tube/rail/bus options so a better idea of where you aim to go will help. I am assuming by your user name though you will come in from the M4?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Depends exactly where you are going there are plenty of options but different tube/rail/bus options so a better idea of where you aim to go will help. I am assuming by your user name though you will come in from the M4?

Welsh club in kings cross normally park net Uxbridge but looking for something closer
Will park about 4 pm to midnight ..

Heathrow?? Nah

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Where do you begin? Lots of free parking when meter restrictions and residents parking permit restrictions end. No need to pay for an NCP or station car park that may have time restrictions

I'll stick with where I am familiar first - coming in on the A4, turn off at Chiswick and park in the residential roads around the lower end of Dukes Avenue W4, opposite Chiswick House on the other side of the A4. Then walk to Chiswick Park or Turnham Green District Line tube stations.

Hammersmith, park in the residential roads near Glenthorne Road and Hammersmith Grove to the north of the shops in King St, near the Dartmouth Castle pub. Walk to Hammersmith District/Piccadilly, or the Hammersmith Circle Line stations.

Shepherds Bush - park off Uxbridge Road to the west of Shepherds Bush Market. Residential restrictions on Saturday only are in force during QPR home games. Tunis Road/Stanlake Road/Swindon Street. Any further east is restricted due to proximity to Westfield White City shopping centre. Walk to White City (Central), Shepherds Bush ( Central), Shepherds Bush Market (Circle, Hammersmith and City)

Notting Hill area - no restrictions after 1330 Saturday after Portobello Road Market starting to wind down. Walk to Notting Hill Gate (Central)

Marylebone - Saturday parking less restricted after 1830, park in Manchester Street off Manchester Square. Walk to Bond Street Jubilee/Central Line tube.

Park in streets in/off North Gower Street near Great Portland Street/Euston Square near Speedies Café ( Sherlock Holmes' gaff above it). No meter restrictions in this area north of Euston Road all day Saturday.

City of London. Smithfield Market free after about 1130/1230 Saturday near St Barts Hospital.

Nearer home, Pinner tube station car park upper level - free Saturday/Sunday - Metropolitan Line - be handy for play-off final, if required. Check Met line running this weekend.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Shepherds Bush - park off Uxbridge Road to the west of Shepherds Bush Market. Residential restrictions on Saturday only are in force during QPR home games. Tunis Road/Stanlake Road/Swindon Street. Any further east is restricted due to proximity to Westfield White City shopping centre. Walk to White City (Central), Shepherds Bush ( Central), Shepherds Bush Market (Circle, Hammersmith and City)

Can also confirm this. My girlfriend used to live on Sundew Avenue and was free there after 6 and at the weekend. Was always loads of spaces available. Cross over the Westway and you're pretty much at East Acton tube. Central line to Chancery Lane and walk the five minutes up the road to the Welsh Centre.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I park at Morden, £5 all day and free after 1800 and free on Sundays. You are right at the end of the Northern line. I however, catch the number 93 bus to Wimbledon station (10-15 mins) which is the end of the District line and much easier to get into town..

I have also parked in a side street in Cheam for free and that is where the number 93 bus originates. Goes all the way to Putney Bridge which is handy when I go to Chelsea...

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Welsh club in kings cross normally park net Uxbridge but looking for something closer
Will park about 4 pm to midnight ..

Heathrow?? Nah

Parking around Smithfield Market or at the back of Euston is the closest free parking available on a Saturday, can be walked from Smithfield Market. Noticed Great Western don't do you any favours with late trains back out of Paddington, last one at 2330 to Swindon

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Drive right to the destination & find a meter & park, pay for your 2 hours & walk back to your car when finished at Welsh Club & drive straight home. Simple. I am sure there will be parking close by. If worried about congestion charge I think I'm right by stating just stay north of station & you're ok.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here