Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats wrong with TAP water in south London

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
local residents in Deptford decided to pinch the water for the marathon runners whilst the race was still going

the local tap water must be evil crap,what sort of person does it make you if you drink it? Zombie? caravan lover? arsonist?

and yes south of the river is south london

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Looks to me like the race is pretty much over. Doesn't look like there is a manned drinks station , just the man from the water supply company telling people to take it home, to save his company moving it or the litter pickers chucking it away.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Must admit whenever I visit Saf London I take some with me, its foul..

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Looks to me like the race is pretty much over. Doesn't look like there is a manned drinks station , just the man from the water supply company telling people to take it home, to save his company moving it or the litter pickers chucking it away.

the organisers take a different view to yours according to the standard

"Organisers condemned the actions and said extra security would be provided to volunteers in an effort to stamp out similar behaviour in future."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...ater-is-stolen-from-refreshment-a3232791.html

anyway whats wrong with the tap water in Deptford?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
race has past bar a few stragglers (this i a few miles in too), and theres free stuff. people take free stuff. despite the organisers words and a theme on internet trying to make a racial thing, this is normal, seen it happen years ago by all types. there's quite alot of water left probably because it was very mild day.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
race has past bar a few stragglers (this i a few miles in too), and theres free stuff. people take free stuff. despite the organisers words and a theme on internet trying to make a racial thing, this is normal, seen it happen years ago by all types. there's quite alot of water left probably because it was very mild day.

maybe i am naive,but you are going to have to explain to me how this is a racial video

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
maybe i am naive,but you are going to have to explain to me how this is a racial video

Not sure if there is any racism, but it's being blown out of proportion in my view. This is the arse-end of the race, as well as no more than a handful of 'runners' (walking) you can even see the sweeper bus in the video. After that point the water is trashed anyway and you are effectively running the race 'unsupported' (this is clear in the rules/pre race guide).

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not sure if there is any racism, but it's being blown out of proportion in my view. This is the arse-end of the race, as well as no more than a handful of 'runners' (walking) you can even see the sweeper bus in the video. After that point the water is trashed anyway and you are effectively running the race 'unsupported' (this is clear in the rules/pre race guide).

Yep, just a cheap & obvious tabloid-style headline designed to rouse the rabble.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here