Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genuine question.

Apr 24, 2016
Why all the bitterness towards Burnley?.
I can understand the rivalry, but some of the stuff posted on here is absolute nonsense,there seems to be a real hatred towards the team,the town and certain players.
I'm not fishing,i just want to understand what motivates people into posting such uninformed rubbish.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
It's because Joey Barton should have been sent off for stamping on our player but got away with it.

Then a spawny last minute equaliser which would never have happened if the ref had done his job.

Then Dyche was in denial about it on the tellybox.

In short.....

Barton and Dyche are both a prize pair of c*nts.

I personally don't have a problem with Burnley fans at all.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
It's because Joey Barton should have been sent off for stamping on our player but got away with it.

Then a spawny last minute equaliser which would never have happened if the ref had done his job.

In short.....

All of the above, but i do have a problem with some Burnley fans acting like Barton and Dyche in trying to defend the actions of Barton afterwards, they got what they came for, Barton got away with assault and then people tried to blame it on Kayal for raising his leg.

Barton couldnt handle the fact that he was being outplayed, as were your team, and he reverted to type.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can understand the rivalry, but some of the stuff posted on here is absolute nonsense,there seems to be a real hatred towards the team,the town and certain players.
I'm not fishing,i just want to understand what motivates people into posting such uninformed rubbish.

Let's wait and see if you are fishing or not shall we.

There was no bitterness towards Burnley at all until the last game between us.
It is solely down to Barton and Dyche's behaviour during and after that game.
Most Burnley fans have come on here and tried to defend or ignore Barton's actions, which has made the situation more intense.
That said the real culprit was Craig Pawson who bottled three yellow/red card decisions against Barton.

I actually think that game galvanised the team as we have got stronger and stronger since then.

Your view?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I like Burnley. Barton should have had a red but equally Keane should have had been awarded a goal. Not sure why anyone thinks the last minute equaliser was spawny.

Referees sometimes get things wrong but the hissy moralising from some on here towards Burnley is embarrassing.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's long been one of my favourite away games. I love the cricket club by the ground.

Not a fan of Barton or Dyce though.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
You have to have it in for someone. Barton's thuggery, and probably that the hoof-happy cavemen drew level with us so late, helped us decide upon whom. I doubt it'll last long, this hunger to dislike and deride.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

In short.....

This!

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016

I spent the home and away game having a few beers with Burbley fans and they're a good bunch - the ones I met.

Dyche though has come across as a bit of a tit when claiming injustice over that 'goal' at the Amex, defending that obnoxious little Arse Barton - while at the home game claiming that the penalty you were awarded was stonewall.

A myopic, repetitive man who doesn't seem able to display any complimentary references to other teams.

For me, no reflection on Burnley fans.

Otherwise under Poyet all Brighton fans would have been self-absorbed, tempremental, argumentative selfish prima donnas

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Barton should have gone against Preston too, ref's seem to scared of the bloke

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

In short.....

All of the above and more!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I like Burnley. Barton should have had a red but equally Keane should have had been awarded a goal. Not sure why anyone thinks the last minute equaliser was spawny.

Referees sometimes get things wrong but the hissy moralising from some on here towards Burnley is embarrassing.

Haven't got a problem with Burnley, just with nasty thugs and smug gits - so that's Barton and Dyche then, oh and the arrogant comments they made after the game! Doesn't endear yourself to anyone.

Be gracious in victory as you are in defeat.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
Don't take it personally, its not about rivalry .... this is promotion to the premier league and tantamount to all out war. You are the enemy that is stopping us reaching our goal and anything that is seen as underhanded foul play will be blown up out of proportion. I have watched that incident countless times having seen it live and no one with any sense could defend it, it was deliberate 100% but defend it they do, Dyche defended it (obviously) so he is deemed just as bad as the assailant, the fans fight back and defend it so they are also deemed , its the way it goes. It's not personal, its a case of a wounded animal fighting back the best way they think they can. I sat and watched Burnley v Preston the other night, ordinarily I would take pleasure in watching a well organised side out manoeuvre the other side, but you are the enemy and I got as frustrated as hell watching long punts up field for gray to run on to or vokes try and flick on ... effective yes but not for the purist .... but you are the enemy and will get no praise until the battle is won or lost. I wish you well for the remainder of the season but I wish you no luck .... is not arrogance just human nature

Ryde

Sep 22, 2005
Carisbrooke
Don't take it personally, its not about rivalry .... this is promotion to the premier league and tantamount to all out war. You are the enemy that is stopping us reaching our goal and anything that is seen as underhanded foul play will be blown up out of proportion. I have watched that incident countless times having seen it live and no one with any sense could defend it, it was deliberate 100% but defend it they do, Dyche defended it (obviously) so he is deemed just as bad as the assailant, the fans fight back and defend it so they are also deemed , its the way it goes. It's not personal, its a case of a wounded animal fighting back the best way they think they can. I sat and watched Burnley v Preston the other night, ordinarily I would take pleasure in watching a well organised side out manoeuvre the other side, but you are the enemy and I got as frustrated as hell watching long punts up field for gray to run on to or vokes try and flick on ... effective yes but not for the purist .... but you are the enemy and will get no praise until the battle is won or lost. I wish you well for the remainder of the season but I wish you no luck .... is not arrogance just human nature

Agreed

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I still like Burnley for doing us a favour against Reading. Never liked that bin-dipper c*nt Barton though.

el punal

If you want bitterness and hate aimed at Burnley I suggest you go the OneBoro site. NSC is just tut-tut in comparison.

P.S. Has Joey Barton been selected by Royal Mail yet, you know - featured on one their first class stamps?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Let's wait and see if you are fishing or not shall we.

There was no bitterness towards Burnley at all until the last game between us.
It is solely down to Barton and Dyche's behaviour during and after that game.
Most Burnley fans have come on here and tried to defend or ignore Barton's actions, which has made the situation more intense.
That said the real culprit was Craig Pawson who bottled three yellow/red card decisions against Barton.

I actually think that game galvanised the team as we have got stronger and stronger since then.

Your view?

Speak for yourself. The racism and bigotry experienced at previous visits to Burnley is enough for some to dislike them, and the club.

Corralling away fans to park in restricted areas resulting in parking tickets for dozens of away fans, and abuse being hurled at us when leaving the ground all adds to the dislike.

Oh, and Barton stamping on our player and completely getting away with It also adds to the dislike.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Barton is a cheating thug, and Dyche is a graceless goon.

Other than that Burnley are OK.

It also means Middlesbrough's FFP swerving this season seems to be all forgotten now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

it's a free world and thus far ...in the u.k , we can voice any opinion that suits us.....i for one have and immense dislike for barton and dyche but none the less for the hatred i have for martin and just about the entire derby squad......i also hate boro , wednesday and hull at this point in time .....is it because i'm northernist.......what do you reckon......darling..??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here