Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other clubs views of the race to the premier league

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see that Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: have no threads on the championship race but do have one who on players they could buy when they're in the Premier League

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I love faaip's signature on the Leeds' Forum.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I read your post and wondered if BG had been posting on another forum. I still don't know how he managed to sign up to this one.

Nah, it it was BG he'd talk about our weakness at left back and our failure to sign Matt Derbyshire

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I do find other clubs have such weak forums, NSC is very strong for a club of our size

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Saw this posted on the Middlesboro forum, writing about Burnley...

Burnley have a very strange compass as a football club. They employ Joey Barton, spend 8m on Andre Gray and sent off the Belgian Prince back home after a few months whilst claiming they haven't spent any money. Dyche has even admitted the club doesn't have any real scouting network, which is why the crux of their dealings next season will be yet more overpriced players from the Championship. (What's the betting they'll try and buy Friend or Clayton from us? Is that Barry Bannan's agent on the phone?)

Eddie Howe - the one, the only, pretty much built their strike-force. Austin and Ings were all brought in on his watch, Vokes was signed and scouted by him (as he previously played with him at Bournemouth) and Jay Rodriguez (remember him?) was reignited under his management. Owen Coyle almost sold him for nothing iirc.

Dyche has come in with his strong ginger chin and just grafted some discipline at the back. But let's make no bones about this, they are limited in certain areas and are limiting themselves. I like Burnley (my grandad is from Burnley) but I'm just a little saddened that they seem to be stuck in this perma-loop of hovering between 17th in the Premier League and the Championship playoffs.

Listen if we don't go up, at least it will be Brighton going up instead and at least they offer something different to Burnley. At least they'll spend money, go out and buy some attractive players and set in stone something useful for the next few years and gain some admirers both at home and abroad. Burnley will go up, buy some average British players, get relegated, buy more overpriced British players, go up, get relegated, ad-nausem. Its boring. Who the *** wants that?

I probably seem like a snob when I say this, but they don't seem like a Premier League club or even one that is comfortable being a Premier League club. Their u18 team plays in League 3 (ours were PL champions last year) and they play in an ugly outdated stadium. (Well two of their stands are ugly and outdated.) Honestly, they are basically Wimbledon for the Netflix generation. Do you really think they are gonna go up, buy a player like Shinji Okazaki and then take the league by storm, while gaining a ton of new admirers around the globe? Hell no. They are the ugly bridesmaid that nobody wants to shag at the reception.

They are boring. They look boring. They play boring. They have boring players. They have a boring future.

There is actually a street not too far from Turf Moor which is named after my great granddad. He was a massive philanthropist to the town. So come at me Clarets fans - I don't care. I don't hate your club or your town. I hate what you are trying to do, which is to systematically bore the *** pants off me and every single football supporter in the world by having the aesthetic qualities of a door-stop. Sign a *** foreign player, play something different to 4-4-***-2 and try to project an image to the rest of the world that doesn't perpetuate the stereotype that your fans have six fingers and Burnley is a backwards inbreeding ***-hole. You're going to the Premier League now. Stop acting like a homeless man stumbling around Harrods. You deserve to be there, so act like that and I won't find you so odious for the next 12 months.
[Image: mb_org.gif]

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

Burnley have a very strange compass as a football club. They employ Joey Barton, spend 8m on Andre Gray and sent off the Belgian Prince back home after a few months whilst claiming they haven't spent any money. Dyche has even admitted the club doesn't have any real scouting network, which is why the crux of their dealings next season will be yet more overpriced players from the Championship. (What's the betting they'll try and buy Friend or Clayton from us? Is that Barry Bannan's agent on the phone?)

Eddie Howe - the one, the only, pretty much built their strike-force. Austin and Ings were all brought in on his watch, Vokes was signed and scouted by him (as he previously played with him at Bournemouth) and Jay Rodriguez (remember him?) was reignited under his management. Owen Coyle almost sold him for nothing iirc.

Dyche has come in with his strong ginger chin and just grafted some discipline at the back. But let's make no bones about this, they are limited in certain areas and are limiting themselves. I like Burnley (my grandad is from Burnley) but I'm just a little saddened that they seem to be stuck in this perma-loop of hovering between 17th in the Premier League and the Championship playoffs.

Listen if we don't go up, at least it will be Brighton going up instead and at least they offer something different to Burnley. At least they'll spend money, go out and buy some attractive players and set in stone something useful for the next few years and gain some admirers both at home and abroad. Burnley will go up, buy some average British players, get relegated, buy more overpriced British players, go up, get relegated, ad-nausem. Its boring. Who the *** wants that?

I probably seem like a snob when I say this, but they don't seem like a Premier League club or even one that is comfortable being a Premier League club. Their u18 team plays in League 3 (ours were PL champions last year) and they play in an ugly outdated stadium. (Well two of their stands are ugly and outdated.) Honestly, they are basically Wimbledon for the Netflix generation. Do you really think they are gonna go up, buy a player like Shinji Okazaki and then take the league by storm, while gaining a ton of new admirers around the globe? Hell no. They are the ugly bridesmaid that nobody wants to shag at the reception.

They are boring. They look boring. They play boring. They have boring players. They have a boring future.

There is actually a street not too far from Turf Moor which is named after my great granddad. He was a massive philanthropist to the town. So come at me Clarets fans - I don't care. I don't hate your club or your town. I hate what you are trying to do, which is to systematically bore the *** pants off me and every single football supporter in the world by having the aesthetic qualities of a door-stop. Sign a *** foreign player, play something different to 4-4-***-2 and try to project an image to the rest of the world that doesn't perpetuate the stereotype that your fans have six fingers and Burnley is a backwards inbreeding ***-hole. You're going to the Premier League now. Stop acting like a homeless man stumbling around Harrods. You deserve to be there, so act like that and I won't find you so odious for the next 12 months.

Pretty well got it spot on there I reckon

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

'They are the ugly bridesmaid that nobody wants to shag at the reception' - Brilliant :thumbsup:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
'They are the ugly bridesmaid that nobody wants to shag at the reception' - Brilliant :thumbsup:

I found that bit hilarious as well..........My thoughts turned to the sketch in the BBC series ''The Royle Family'' when Cheryl had put an add in the paper to find a man...........Brilliant

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

Yes, well. People who want a good rant never let the facts stand in the way.

£6m on Gray. It's one of the few fees actually disclosed - £2m per year for 3 years, plus £3.5m if Burnley get promoted to the Premier and stay up for a second season.

Burnley don't claim to have spent money - just that Middlesbrough have spent more. Leicester and Derby had the same issues two years ago. They didn't like being told what a lot of money they had spent.

Dyche hasn't admitted the club has no scouting network. What he said was (two years ago) that the club didn't have a European scouting network.

Jay Rodriguez was never in the market for sale. He went out on loan once or twice befroe coming into the first team regularly under Brian Laws.

All teams are limited in certain areas. Middlesbrough are limited in scoring goals, for example.

When he says the stadium is outdated, he means the seats are too wide, have too much legroom, and are too comfortable. And are made of wood. Modern stadiums have the cheapest possible plastic tip-ups crammed into the smallest possible space. Think Ryanair short-haul plane seats - that's the sort stadium modern clubs should aspire to.

His problem is, he says Karanka's way of playing, changing the team every week, undertraining the players so they're always tired, and whiging about too many matches, and can;t bear to realise there are other ways to do it. There's no apology needed for having a fit side that knows what their jobs are and can do it every week.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I must say I like the way that NSC has become something of a hub for fans of all three clubs in the mix.

Don't forget to use the above link for your Amazon shopping everyone.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Crikey - how has the 'Boro v Burnley bashing managed to get onto NSC?

Lets be honest they have both spent (so have we) they both play a different brand of football and they probably both see eacother as their biggest rivals for the title. Both sides will think they are in the right when actually, there is probably no wrong to be in

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, well. People who want a good rant never let the facts stand in the way.

£6m on Gray. It's one of the few fees actually disclosed - £2m per year for 3 years, plus £3.5m if Burnley get promoted to the Premier and stay up for a second season.

Burnley don't claim to have spent money - just that Middlesbrough have spent more. Leicester and Derby had the same issues two years ago. They didn't like being told what a lot of money they had spent.

Dyche hasn't admitted the club has no scouting network. What he said was (two years ago) that the club didn't have a European scouting network.

Jay Rodriguez was never in the market for sale. He went out on loan once or twice befroe coming into the first team regularly under Brian Laws.

All teams are limited in certain areas. Middlesbrough are limited in scoring goals, for example.

When he says the stadium is outdated, he means the seats are too wide, have too much legroom, and are too comfortable. And are made of wood. Modern stadiums have the cheapest possible plastic tip-ups crammed into the smallest possible space. Think Ryanair short-haul plane seats - that's the sort stadium modern clubs should aspire to.

His problem is, he says Karanka's way of playing, changing the team every week, undertraining the players so they're always tired, and whiging about too many matches, and can;t bear to realise there are other ways to do it. There's no apology needed for having a fit side that knows what their jobs are and can do it every week.

He was spot on with the ugly Bridesmaid comment though.:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here