Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Who does shop in BHS?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As BHS enter administration, I find myself mulling who actually buys stuff in there. Not enough people, clearly, but there must still be some.

I only ever go into BHS in the lead up to Christmas, generally as part of my desperate "don't know what to buy" phase as they do always seem to have an extraordinary selection of Christmas gift tat.

I also recall, from my childhood, that they did seem to be the place my parents would go to for lighting. They had a wondrous lighting section. Must have cost a fortune in electricity to run. Do they still have this even?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The only time I ever enter BHS now is because it is generally the quickest way from the front of Churchill Square to the middle of the shopping centre.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
As BHS enter administration, I find myself mulling who actually buys stuff in there. Not enough people, clearly, but there must still be some.

I only ever go into BHS in the lead up to Christmas, generally as part of my desperate "don't know what to buy" phase as they do always seem to have an extraordinary selection of Christmas gift tat.

I also recall, from my childhood, that they did seem to be the place my parents would go to for lighting. They had a wondrous lighting section. Must have cost a fortune in electricity to run. Do they still have this even?

I always imagine the BHS in Worthing does a roaring trade...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
weird,i was just thinking where is a thread on this......personally i don't but my mum used to take me there too.....think Churchill square used to have a downstairs restaurant with,food coming round on a conveyor belt or something?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Which NSCers are BHS regulars...?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
weird,i was just thinking where is a thread on this......personally i don't but my mum used to take me there too.....think Churchill square used to have a downstairs restaurant with,food coming round on a conveyor belt or something?

I think you're getting confused with Yo! Sushi.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
mostly shite, and to much of it
cafe useless now
good advert for private enterprise, could'nt run a p1ss-up in a brewery.
Oh and they have just opened a small supermarket at the one in Eastbourne
feel for the staff in all of them, and unless someone buy it out the government is going to have to step in and pay out the pension fund.
used to be Ok in the 70s/80s........................and maybe that was/is the problem ..........they are still there?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think you're getting confused with Yo! Sushi.

No seriously,talking about 1980 1985 ish.......we would order our food,and it came round to us......perhaps someone will remember it,either that or it was to return the plates on the trays back to the kitchen..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They're one of the places I go when looking for trousers or a jumper, but I rarely end up buying anything. My mum and sister always go their for the christmas eve sales.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

I think I got taken there once whereabouts was it in the old Churchill Square ???

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think I got taken there once whereabouts was it in the old Churchill Square ???

right at the front
they also tried to open a food hall opposite the cafe

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
No seriously,talking about 1980 1985 ish.......we would order our food,and it came round to us......perhaps someone will remember it,either that or it was to return the plates on the trays back to the kitchen..

you are right we used to go with my Nan, blimey thats a blast from the past.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

on the front,the restaurant was down a level....with a conveyor belt of some kind...

I used to go c1978 it just had a long metal rail to slide the tray along. My mother used to treat me on a Thursday to the under 12s Sausage and chips but as I was 11 I resented the fact it came on a paper plate with a train design only suitable for a three year old. I liked the sausage and chips though

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
right at the front
they also tried to open a food hall opposite the cafe

So it was

churchill_sqaure2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here