Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we all just a bunch of glory hunters ??!!!

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I have been watching the Albion for 37 years - on Saturday night got talking to a QPR fan who, whilst very complimentary of our team and stadium, basically viewed the majority of our supporters as glory hunters!

I never thought in all my years that I would be accused of being a glory hunter!!!! This season just gets better and better!!!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I too starting supporting the Albion in 1979 and have been hunting for glory but there hasn't been a lot, I'll keep on hunting till I get some

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I have been watching the Albion for 37 years - on Saturday night got talking to a QPR fan who, whilst very complimentary of our team and stadium, basically viewed the majority of our supporters as glory hunters!

I never thought in all my years that I would be accused of being a glory hunter!!!! This season just gets better and better!!!!
What bloody glory?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

How on earth is following Brighton glory hunting? Your mate is just jealous. Every club has a group of supporters who in lean times leach away but return when the club is doing better. Obviously the ridiculous times at Gillingham and then the terrible facilities at Withdean played a part but it's simplistic and just wrong to suggest we only had 8000 genuine fans. Glory hunters are all wearing man u, Liverpool and Chelsea tops. Who knows, perhaps there'll be some with Leicester shirts after tonight's result?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well I bloody well am, I've been waiting since 79 to have another pop at getting to the top league, the few years before that don't count obviously.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So 37 years ago would have been the start of our time in the top divison. So you basically started supporting us during a succesful period. So you get a double award as a glory fan and a jcl.:laugh:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
How on earth is following Brighton glory hunting? Your mate is just jealous. Every club has a group of supporters who in lean times leach away but return when the club is doing better. Obviously the ridiculous times at Gillingham and then the terrible facilities at Withdean played a part but it's simplistic and just wrong to suggest we only had 8000 genuine fans. Glory hunters are all wearing man u, Liverpool and Chelsea tops. Who knows, perhaps there'll be some with Leicester shirts after tonight's result?

He wasn't a mate just someone I got talking to at the Komedia - he lives in Lewes and a lot of people he knows who use to follow the likes of Arsenal now go to the Amex apparently - my reaction was "so what?!!". When he started talking of glory hunters I had to stop myself from pissing myself laughing!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The First Peter Taylor post Clough,, season in charge for me. So I suppose just as we started the great accent to the top. Certainly a glory hunter

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Went to my first game/became a STH just as Nathan Jones was caretaker, so I missed glory hunter accusations by all of half a season :eek:

el punal

Of course we are! When you are on the cusp of being promoted to the Premier League isn't that hunting for glory? You've earned that entitlement by playing bloody good football, and as supporters, we are part of that.

Perhaps the glory hunter that you're referring to is the instant "fan" who will chose the likes of Chelsea or Man.City or Man.Utd or Liverpool etc. because . . . . they just want to be associated with the success bit. Once their chosen team hits the buffers they'll bugger off as quickly as they arrived - and good riddance!

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes

some people talk bollox

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Glory hunting and supporting the Albion doesn't go hand in hand. If this year ends in 'glory' I think we have earnt our moment in the sun! Unlike QPR we haven't thrown millions at getting promoted and we don't have a random millionaire who probably knew nothing about the club before he bought it!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here