Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Matter What Happens

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No Matter What Happens

This has been a Wonderful season. I have not enjoyed a season or the football so much for well over 30 years. It is on a par, if not better than the late 70's and early 80's. It is arguable this set of players is the best in BHAFC history. Certainly recently the squad out there is mid Premiership quality.

After 43 years of supporting the team I have never been prouder.

We can only hope we get our reward but if not, we could not have done more.

Thank you Sir Chris Hughton and the squad.

2 to go

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Definitely. Even if we end up not getting promoted, either via autos or the play-offs, we can be reasonably confident that the club will do their best to provide of more of the same next season.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No Matter What Happens

This has been a Wonderful season. I have not enjoyed a season or the football so much for well over 30 years. It is on a par, if not better than the late 70's and early 80's. It is arguable this set of players is the best in BHAFC history. Certainly recently the squad out there is mid Premiership quality.

2 to go
Come off it - you've whinged like the rest of us at times..... :angel:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If it was an appraisal then outstanding

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
While it has been a good season I wouldn't raise it to the heights of the best in 30 years. The seasons under Gus were enjoyable and certainly while at lower level the promotion season from League 1 surely should be the reference point not 30 years ago

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Irrespective of the outcome of the next two games it has still been a remarkable season.

This time last year we couldn't score for toffee and dire performances at Rotherham and Wigan etc when Hughton showed no desire to take winnable games did not convince me that he would be the right man for the job. The turnaround has been amazing. A fresh start, clearing out deadwood from the squad, shrewd player recruitment and positive, attacking formations. Seeing a certain no.25 in an Albion shirt again. Credit to CH and all concerned.

Seeing the Albion in the PL will be special. However if it doesn't happen we've more than consolidated our status in the Championship. That's not too shabby - even if it will mean visiting the likes of Wigan, Burton and Barnsley next season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't want this season to end. I'm loving winning games in style, looking forward to the next match. But when it ends, we know it gas to start all over again, no matter which division we're in, but we're going to have to say goodbye to lovely players like Bobby & Calde.
I'm just enjoying the moment.

el punal

No Matter What Happens

2 to go

43 years plus 7 for me! You and me (and a few others!) have been very lucky to have witnessed some of the best seasons in the club's history particularly the late 1970s. This season has been on a par with that favourite of mine - 1976/77. For sheer drama, entertainment, excitement, commitment and wonderful team spirit 2015/16 is right at the top.

I, too, am a very proud Albion fan regardless of how the rest of the season pans out.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The catalyst was signing BZ, it sparked everyone. Add in some very good signings. We have to go up, I worry we will lose key players otherwise, this squad needs the chance to evolve now.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
You can debate whether it's the best season for 30+ years all day, but the thing that makes it most remarkable is that it's come out of pretty much nowhere..

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The fact that the debate's happening at all shows what a marvellous season it's been. Maybe the impossible contrast with last season has made it feel even better than the superb season it undoubtedly has been, but I don't care what the reasons are - I've loved it. Win or lose, these players care, and they're bloody good as well. That's about all you can ask for as a fan of anybody but the very biggest clubs.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
No Matter What Happens

2 to go

Extremely well said that man!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Where's [MENTION=15922]Working class pride[/MENTION] to inform us that the players are actually complete failures if they don't get promoted now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here