Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jungle Book

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Went to see it last nigth and I was very impressed.

Christopher Walken does a fantastic job as King Louie, very scary.

I think it is also testament to the incredible acting pool we currently have in this Country. Idris Elba was very good as Shere Khan and Bill Murray did a fantastic job as Baloo very funny.

But what I was most impressed by is Neel Sethi as Mowgli. The fact that the whole film was green screened and he performed so well at the age of 12, hats off to the kid.

Anyone else got any thoughts on it?

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Saw it at IMAX 3d and thought it was first class too. Some of the kids in the cinema were quite scared in parts! Good film for kids and adults.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is an absolute Triumph. It has raised the bar with CGI to a ridiculous level, had a very good and important message to it and the actor for Mowgli was a real find. It is just about perfect from start to finish. I don't think there is a single weak moment in the whole film. The score is also beautiful and majestic, very Jon Barry. Bill Murray voicing Baloo the Bear was perfectly cast as were all the other parts and the two songs were well placed and added a lot. It is Bloody Great. It is not a film for under 5's imo so parents need to consider this. It is quite dark but has strong animal conservation messages particularly with the reverence to the Elephants who appear several times and carry a great and fulfilling theme to the end. I recommend it very highly. It rates an 8.7 out of 10

Last edited:

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
I took miniature Cheggers to see it last week, who thought it was brilliant. I was a bit apprehensive as I loved the original growing up and didn't want it tarnished. I have to say though, I was very impressed. I thought it was excellent. As mentioned, the acting by Mowgli was very good and the CGI (which often looks fake and crappy in films) was also excellent. Highly recommended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here