Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA v Boro or BHA v Hereford?

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
So, which one is the biggest game in our history?

Hereford going the other way could have us still scraping around non-league football.

Boro game could see us take the ultimate final step of our new-era journey and hopefully help us become a stable PL club.

for me... Hereford game edges it as although not making PL via the autos would be a shame, not being a league team at all is much worse!

(sorry no idea how to add a poll)

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hereford clearly.

Never had a feeling like half time at Hereford when we were losing. No one spoke. It was like someone had died.

If we are losing at Middlesborough fans would be down but it wouldn't be like Hereford.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
1. Hereford v Brighton

2 Brighton v Derby 2 May

3. Middlesborough v Brighton 7 May

Not sure where to put the play-off final this year, but again depends on results in play-off semi-finals if Brighton have to go that route

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Hereford doesn't edge it mate, it blows it out of the water. The very existence of the Club was at stake against Hereford vrs a game that could mean not much if we don't beat Derby and all that is at stake is Chanpionship football v Prem football. It's just not in the same league so to speak.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Notts County 91 was a big game as well.

Though if we had gone up then, Brighton with the rundown Goldstone would probably have been relegated the next season, as Notts County were in fact.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Of course it's Hereford. And if we don't get top two and make the playoff final it'll still be Hereford.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'd have to say Hereford, however this is really up there! If we lose by a couple to Derby and Boro win by a couple at Bham, the Boro game won't even feature in the top 10 because of the improbable swing in GD we'd need (they've only conceded 7 at home all season!).

Super excited though, verging on the need to be sick....

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Hereford was, and will be, the biggest game in the club's history. This football club might not be around if Robbie Reinelt decided to kick that football the other side of the Hereford post.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Hereford clearly.

Never had a feeling like half time at Hereford when we were losing. No one spoke. It was like someone had died.

If we are losing at Middlesborough fans would be down but it wouldn't be like Hereford.

Total contrast to the full time whistle! One of the best moments of my life (I can say that as my wife doesn't go on NSC....!)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've seen some dumb questions on NSC over the years, but this one takes the biscuit.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's obviously Hereford, had we lost that we wouldn't have got a second chance, lose the Boro game, and we have the play offs, and fail in them, we have next season, and every season after it

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Were we to win promotion, next year's Premier League and then reach the Champions League Final, it would still be Hereford.

Unless we ever face non existence again, it will always be Hereford.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A better question would have been 83 Cup Final or Boro.

Nothing will ever compare to Hereford, ever....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hope I'm not spoiling it for anyone, but we get a draw against Hereford and survive. From there, the club will rise Phoenix-like from the ashes (not from a bonfire containing Messrs Bellotti and Archer) of the gory war years.

Thus, I'm voting: Boro.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Hereford of course. After that, the 1983 FA Cup Final and Newcastle away to reach the First Division (in that order) were bigger than Middlesbrough. Even lose there and we have a good chance of promotion.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So, which one is the biggest game in our history?

Hereford going the other way could have us still scraping around non-league football

I don't think we'd have been scraping around non-league football. In all liklihood, the club would have been wound-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here