Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] United States of Europe

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's in the daily Express. The expression "hefty pinch of salt" comes to mind.

Highly likely to be either total fabrication or considerably embellished.

There was an excellent article in the Observer yesterday by Will Hutton about the ability of the Brexiters to be less than objective and to distance themselves from the facts - Boris Johnson being one in particular who fell foul of Mr Hutton's call for intellectual rigour.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've just seen 'Daily Express' in the link. I'll pass on this one.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This is nothing new. There is a policy within the EU treaties to move towards ever greater political and fiscal union. Something that allegedly CMD has managed to get an 'opt out' for the UK.

Something the inners can't answer ( and never attempt to answer ) is how the other 27 members can head down this road and Britain not be forced to follow ? If the opt out is honoured ( and let's remember not one single members national parliament has passed this agreement ) it will leave Britain stranded alone, the poor family member, having to follow the rules but with none of the benefits. Even worse than actually not being a member.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This is nothing new. There is a policy within the EU treaties to move towards ever greater political and fiscal union. Something that allegedly CMD has managed to get an 'opt out' for the UK.

Something the inners can't answer ( and never attempt to answer ) is how the other 27 members can head down this road and Britain not be forced to follow ? If the opt out is honoured ( and let's remember not one single members national parliament has passed this agreement ) it will leave Britain stranded alone, the poor family member, having to follow the rules but with none of the benefits. Even worse than actually not being a member.

All the more reason for voting "in", then!!!!!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All the more reason for voting "in", then!!!!!!!

Hate to point it out but by voting in you are voting to be in under Dave's opt outs - so no further political integration for the UK while the other members work towards it for the other 27. You can't actually vote for as it is now - i.e. no change.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lolol: I was only saying on the main thread how desperate the out camp is getting. This is just bonkers. Are there any sane people in the out camp?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
:lolol: I was only saying on the main thread how desperate the out camp is getting. This is just bonkers. Are there any sane people in the out camp?
You call the "out" camp desperate lol
Christ all the main desperation is from the "in" camp and as good as threats...Maybe the "in" camp are completely oblivious and naive to what will happen if we stay in and it will be grim.

Maybe just maybe some might actually be a bit more patriotic instead of being anti British as we have far to many of these in this here that's for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here