Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Championship strikers: minutes played per goal

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Championship strikers: minutes played per goal

Andre Gray 140 mins/goal (3364 / 24)
Abel Hernandez 147 mins/goal (2784 / 19)
Tomer Hemed 179 mins/goal (3035 / 17)
Gary Hooper 179 mins/goal (1967 / 11)
Ross McCormack 184 mins/goal (3856 / 21)
Fernando Forestieri 193 mins/goal (2890 / 15)
Jonathan Kodjia 195 mins/goal (3319 / 17)
Lasse Vibe 197 mins/goal (2559 / 13)
Nahki Wells 199 mins/goal (3383 / 17)
Jordan Rhodes 216 mins/goal (3241 / 15)
Moussa Dembele 221 mins/goal (3316 / 15)
Chris Wood 225 mins/goal (2702 / 12)
Chris Martin 241 mins/goal (3619 / 15)
Sam Vokes 252 mins/goal (3279 / 13)
Clayton Donaldson 294 mins/goal (3236 / 11)
Billy Paynter In the beginning /The earth cooled / 0

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wonder why this wasn't being posted a month ago, before the goal glut? It's all a little bit reactionary when these things get posted well after the fact. Wisdom with hindsight isn't wisdom at all.

Where was this thread in December/January?

I can't work out if you are stupid, or just a troll.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wonder why this wasn't being posted a month ago, before the goal glut? It's all a little bit reactionary when these things get posted well after the fact. Wisdom with hindsight isn't wisdom at all.

Plenty of people defending Hemed and Baldock all season. Me included. No hindsight required thanks.:thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've long-admired Hemed's commitment and work ethic but I was critical of his finishing and, to my mind, there are still questions in that department.

He's missed two one-on-ones over recent games (home, South goal, was given offside although he may not have been and didn't know he was) and in the second half against Charlton when he sprung the offside trap but shot weakly right at the keeper from 8 yards or so.

However, his hold up play and the way he brings others into the game has improved massively over the season and he continues to work bloody hard.

For a first season in English football and for the money we paid he has been very impressive. I'm a big fan.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Were you on a extended :xmas: holiday with no internet then???

Jimmy Grimble

I still rate that Kodjia highly. Think he would slot in nicely to our style of play too; hope we've got an eye on him whatever league we're in next season.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I've long-admired Hemed's commitment and work ethic but I was critical of his finishing and, to my mind, there are still questions in that department.

He's missed two one-on-ones over recent games (home, South goal, was given offside although he may not have been and didn't know he was) and in the second half against Charlton when he sprung the offside trap but shot weakly right at the keeper from 8 yards or so.

However, his hold up play and the way he brings others into the game has improved massively over the season and he continues to work bloody hard.

For a first season in English football and for the money we paid he has been very impressive. I'm a big fan.
Once he got used to the pace and physicality he was able to up his work rate and that, more than his goal tally, has been what's won me around. Early doors he simply did not do enough during 90 minutes, but now he leads the defending from the front with Baldock, and shows for the ball tirelessly. He has been excellent for the past couple of months in particular.
Still misses too many good chances to be really top calibre, and I'd like to see him win more in the air outside of the box, but for the price Hemed has been a fantastic investment. A real find.

Happy to say 'I was wrong'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here