Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Buckley Time

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Buckley came on for Birmingham at 67 minutes and touched the ball a mere eight times, but won the free kick from which Cotterill scored against Huddersfield (a good ground for Buckley).

Can Buckley score for Birmingham against Boro on Friday? (Sunderland muck up Boro 's promotion?)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Buckley came on for Birmingham at 67 minutes and touched the ball a mere eight times, but won the free kick from which Cotterill scored against Huddersfield (a good ground for Buckley).

Can Buckley score for Birmingham against Boro on Friday? (Sunderland muck up Boro 's promotion?)

I like this idea a lot.

Best of luck to Will on Friday.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'll be watching with interest - a Boro win and our probability of automatic promotion drops to around 35%. A Bluenose win and we'd be on around 60%.*

*Yeah I know - win all our own games and don't worry about blah blah etc etc

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
35 appearances (22 as a sub), 1 goal and 2 assists in the last 2 seasons. The guy is well and truly washed up (sorry Perseus).

If he is instrumental in taking points off Boro and we go up as a result his legend status will be assured - the Nayim Effect.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If he is instrumental in taking points off Boro and we go up as a result his legend status will be assured - the Nayim Effect.

Of course, if he can somehow contribute to Birmingham taking something from Boro then I retract the previous statement and will hail WB as the messiah as some people (person) already do.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
35 appearances (22 as a sub), 1 goal and 2 assists in the last 2 seasons. The guy is well and truly washed up (sorry Perseus).

Playing for a contract. Something to add interest to the Friday match. If Birmingham has anything to play for, it would be a difficult match for Boro. Buckley has to play for a contract. Last chance saloon for him. Holidays for most of them.

I think I would think Lookman's chances of scoring for Charlton against Burnley though is more likely. Or Matt Phillips creating a goal for QPR v Burnley. These players seem more dangerous than Darren Bent. Although I would prefer it if Will Hughes wasn't fresh (but not match fit) from a season out for Derby.

Big fear of promotion chasers is a player that comes form nowhere and plays a blinder or scores a goal out of nothing (like Lookman). Best laid plans go awry. I am glad we got past Fulham and QPR without this happening. It was always a worry that McCormack could have mucked up our chances.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Karanka's unsteady position and Boro's poor record over recent years at St Andrews makes this one very interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if Brum get a point.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Cotterill looked absolutely ****ing mustard against Burnley (mind you, who wouldn't at the moment?)
Wouldn't mind being linked with him again in the summer. Barring promotion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here