Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread full of good omens and positive thinking

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Don't know about you lot but am getting very nervous about the upcoming games. Does anyone have any positive thoughts to share?!

Yesterday we went on the Arlington bluebell walk and, after walking through a field of sheep, and into the woodland, bumped into my old geography teacher who is the only Middlesbrough fan I know, amongst the bluebells and (white) anemones, having only seen him once in the last fifteen years. Yes I know - cool story bro. But today at work I was promoted. Surely a good sign?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Don't know about you lot but am getting very nervous about the upcoming games. Does anyone have any positive thoughts to share?!

Yesterday we went on the Arlington bluebell walk and, after walking through a field of sheep, and into the woodland, bumped into my old geography teacher who is the only Middlesbrough fan I know, amongst the bluebells and (white) anemones, having only seen him once in the last fifteen years. Yes I know - cool story bro. But today at work I was promoted. Surely a good sign?

to be honest I would rather the Albion were promoted than you. Having said that congratulations.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Funnily enough, so was my old geography teacher. It wasn't Mr Alexander was it?

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm going on the fact we have failed twice in the play-offs now, so as they say third time lucky, and the fact both Burnley & Boro have been in the Premier League before, so may be, just may be it is out turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We went to what was then Div 1 under Alan Mullery ex Spurs with a win in North East 3-1 and I think we can emulate that under Chris Hughton ex Spurs. Spurs being the Premier team I follow but not support.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

Many congratulations, Notters - I for one choose to take this as a positive omen

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We went to what was then Div 1 under Alan Mullery ex Spurs with a win in North East 3-1 and I think we can emulate that under Chris Hughton ex Spurs. Spurs being the Premier team I follow but not support.

Yep and that win in '79 was at the expense of a North East side, Sunderland - with them missing out by 1 point. History could repeat with Boro being this year's chumps.

Also, of note that year Palace won silverware as they beat us to become Second Division winners...

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Another omen. Played through the smoke from a flare on the pitch in the penultimate game in 1979. Saturday at Charlton was 2 games to go.
Come to think of it Bruno running through the smoke reminded me of Teddy Maybank because ....err....hair no, looks no, kit no........err.......? Perhaps I am delusional already.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
last time Brighton were promoted to the top table was in 1979. There is only one number 1 in that .

there is only one 1 in 2016.

oooooooooooooooooooo! spooky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here