Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Day Delays At Charlton?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
All games kick off and end at the same time on the last day of the season. But with more protests likely at Charlton, will this give Burnley an advantage as their game will probably finish 15-20 minuets after the Boro-BHA match?

Also, us or Boro might not be able to celebrate at the final whistle due to the Burnley game still having 20 or so minuets still to play. Going to be very nervous.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Protests plus six minute delay to carry Barton off the pitch after he trips on a beach ball and lands on a red flare :thumbsup:

and then trying to jump up he stamps on his own leg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To be honest, I do not think playing in that atmosphere gives you any sort of advntage even if you know how the other game has ended up. In fact knowing the other result may prove to be an additional distraction.

Burnley know that a victory guarantees them promotion, and I suspect they will play accordingly. Thought our players did very well to regain focus towards the end of the game saturday, sadly I'm sure Burnley will be made of similarly stern stuff.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This surprised me from today's Argus

Skalak, who speaks limited English, was unaware Charlton supporters were planning to demonstrate against the club’s owner and chief executive.

He said: “I didn’t know before the match the protest was going to happen. This is new to me.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
To be honest, I do not think playing in that atmosphere gives you any sort of advntage even if you know how the other game has ended up. In fact knowing the other result may prove to be an additional distraction.

Burnley know that a victory guarantees them promotion, and I suspect they will play accordingly. Thought our players did very well to regain focus towards the end of the game saturday, sadly I'm sure Burnley will be made of similarly stern stuff.

A point will be enough for Burnley, provided they beat QPR at home and we didn't stuff Derby by four goals.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here