Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final day protests at Charlton: Boro & Brighton fans waiting in stands to hear fate?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Protests likely at Charlon v Burnley. Could be VERY annoying...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If that game is running late because of protests and it's only a draw or there's one goal in it, will Boro be allowed to show the last 10 minutes on the big screen?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm hoping that the Burnley fans don't give Charlton the respect we did on Saturday, causing Charlton to lift their game.

... Well we can hope.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's not have a Reading style pitch invasion!!

Our fans won't be allowed anywhere near the pitch except in the unlikely event of both teams being promoted - but we'd all be waiting on Burnley's result before that happened anyway.

07May2016

Apr 8, 2016
I would have thought the ref will delay the start of the 2nd half of our game until we're both starting at the same time? Can't see their game mattering to either of us anyway

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Charlton weren't as bad as I expected but Burnley will always find a way to get a result., annoyingly. Probably score a deflected 40 yard goal off a protestors arse.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
We will get nowhere near their pitch - either we would have dumped them out of the autos hence they probably wouldn't appreciate their faces being rubbed in it - or they will have gone up with us (highly unlikely) in which case they'll be on the pitch themselves...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Charlton weren't as bad as I expected but Burnley will always find a way to get a result., annoyingly. Probably score a deflected 40 yard goal off a protestors arse.

Liverpool style beach ball goal more likely. Scored by Barton (obviously) after he should have been sent off three times. :tantrum:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
When Bensgandad raised this subject he got a right slating.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?336843-My-concern

I don't have an issue with anyone but to be fair, this thread is about the possibility of having to wait about to find out our fate, BG's one was about how it would benefit Burnley and they could react accordingly. I think the consensus there was that it makes no real difference to what they'll be trying to do, they will very likely know what they need before they even kick off.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Side note: Whatever happens results wise, Burnley won't (in literal terms) lift the Championship trophy at the Valley.

It's just been revealed that the CAFC security team have agreed with the League that, if Burnley win the title, they won't raise the trophy at the Valley. Our security goons believe that this would inflame the home fans (given our relegation, plus it being a repeat of Bournemouth lifting the trophy at the Valley last season).

Presumably that means that the Championship trophy will be at the Middlesbrough-Brighton game even if Burnley top the table going into the final day? (Or do they have multiple copies of the trophy anyway for such situations?)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am glad to see other people are now becoming concerned about what affect us finishing 10 mins before Charlton and Burnley game could have on Burnley either raising their game for a final push or shutting up shop as required

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am glad to see other people are now becoming concerned about what affect us finishing 10 mins before Charlton and Burnley game could have on Burnley either raising their game for a final push or shutting up shop as required

And I agree you were harshly slated for your statement BG.

Apparently the football league have considered these possibilities - To date there are no plans to alter kick off times either in the first half or 2nd halves.

They have also considered the possibility of an abandonment. That could potentially have resulted in Burnley being awarded a 3-0 victory but given the circumstances that has been ruled out. The likely outcome would then be a re-scheduled match on the Tuesday; however, they even feel that, they would hope to avoid if possible.

It seems they are going to just do nothing for now and hope that a solution scenario is not necessary. That probably means that they will ensure that the referee in charge of the Charlton v Burnley match will be given a directive to ensure that the match concludes on that day, no matter what time that may end up being.

To be honest I am not concerned at all. The situation, is what it is so all 3 teams just have to get on with it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Presumably that means that the Championship trophy will be at the Middlesbrough-Brighton game even if Burnley top the table going into the final day? (Or do they have multiple copies of the trophy anyway for such situations?)

Yes - if three of us finish with identical records, we all get prompted with a copy of the trophy

And, obviously, the the play-offs are cancelled because four teams can't get promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here