Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains up to Boro

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
Trains up to Boro looking at £150, does anybody know any promo codes or advice on splitting the ticket to make it a bit cheeper
Thanks

Beachcomber

Nov 22, 2010
Cheapest I could find was split tickets: 1) Brighton to London travel card; 2) London Kings X to York (Advance tckts each way; 3) York to Boro (cheap day return). It's cheaper if 3 or 4 are travelling as Southern Rail (journey 1) and Virgin Trains (journeys 2 & 3) do Groupsave. For x3 adults it worked out at £75 each for all tickets from Brighton, although that was a couple of weeks ago. Book journey 1) on Southern Rail and journeys 2) & 3) on Virgin Trains. Hope that helps.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Seagull Travel.
I'm not connected to them but-
Used the coach for the last few games rather than drive as it means I could have a couple or more pints pre match and in the ground. Arrive in plenty of time in comfort. On departure the coach is normally only a short walk away and no queues to get on. Toilets on board and you can leave your bag so post match sarnies at the ready. OK, so no booze, but by the end I've had enough anyway.
Boro is £40 which is a bargain and your are almost guaranteed to get there.
Down side is that the post match celebrations will be 'dry' but by the time I get on the coach I'd have had my fill I'm sure.
Also, as mentioned by me before, I know of many 'private hire' coaches going up Friday. Start a thread entitled 'spare seat on coach wanted' and see what happens.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Pop down to the picket line and ask one of the guards tomorrow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seagull Travel.
Used the coach for the last few games rather than drive as it means I could have a couple or more pints pre match and in the ground. Arrive in plenty of time in comfort. On departure the coach is normally only a short walk away and no queues to get on. Toilets on board and you can leave your bag so post match sarnies at the ready. OK, so no booze, but by the end I've had enough anyway.
Down side is that the post match celebrations will be 'dry' but by the time I get on the coach I'd have had my fill I'm sure.
Also, as mentioned by me before, I know of many 'private hire' coaches going up Friday. Start a thread entitled 'spare seat on coach wanted' and see what happens.

Almost ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Seagull Travel.

You forgot to mention the start time, I use Blues Away quite a lot but the 02.30 pickup from Polegate put me off coach travel for this one which is why I got my arse into gear and booked train travel a few weeks ago.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I think the uncertainty might be unforeseen traffic or motorway blockages eg. accidents.

I believe that one of the coaches was delayed until after kick-off to 'Ull due to such an event, although quite rare and usually allowed for to a certain extent in departure times.

I personally don't use them, but I believe that this might be the case.

Can happen with trains also.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes I read that too ....where does the uncertainty come in? has the driver got a drinking problem people should know about?

I said almost as someone would comment if I said guaranteed. A coach broke down coming back from MK Dons but a train can do the same. Reading about people juggling tickets to York and then onward travel and swapping trains three times seems difficult.
But a sticky thread with 'spare coach seats available' must be a good thing. Talking at Charlton I know of many fans who are on private mini buses so there must be the odd spare seat on a roof somewhere.

trevy09

May 17, 2013
Boro Tickets

Trains up to Boro looking at £150, does anybody know any promo codes or advice on splitting the ticket to make it a bit cheeper
Thanks
A friend who could not get match tickets may have 2 advanced tickets for sale.
Get in touch if your interested.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Due to a change in my Saturday evening plans, I still have a single ticket for the Midds to London section of the journey going begging (for free) if there are any takers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here