Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Praise for Barber

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I know we all really want Barcer OUT but.....

Thinking back over the season it's noticeable how Barber has kept a low profile. last season when we were bad BArber took a lot of the flak in public to protect the players - this season he is keeping out of the way so the players get the praise. Another sign of what a bloody great club we are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Licker

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I know we all really want Barber OUT but.....

Thinking back over the season it's noticeable how Barber has kept a low profile. last season when we were bad Barber took a lot of the flak in public to protect the players - this season he is keeping out of the way so the players get the praise. Another sign of what a bloody great club we are.
Good post.

Barber has proved himself to be extremely good at his main job and a decent bloke into the bargain.

Our club is incredibly good. I honestly believe that with Tony Bloom, and then his offspring, at the helm it will continue to be for the rest of my lifetime. This is not logical and I'm not sure where the precedent is (Stoke City? Everton?) but in the current state of euphoria I believe it to be true.

In light of the above, the next few weeks are not a one off opportunity. If we don't go up then we will challenge again next year and, if not then, the following year, and so on...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He has let himself down once this season. When Forest was moved for tele (at short notice) a number of Albion fans had already purchased train tickets. He could have offered to refund them the money. Small gesture, would have cost bugger all to the club but hearts and minds and all that.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Nobody ever loves the Chief Exec. Lots of decisions to make and impossible to keep everyone happy. But for professionalism, approachability and just about managing to keep a 'club' feel while still looking at the bottom line, I reckon we're lucky to have him. Could do much, much worse.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know we all really want Barcer OUT but.....

Thinking back over the season it's noticeable how Barber has kept a low profile. last season when we were bad BArber took a lot of the flak in public to protect the players - this season he is keeping out of the way so the players get the praise. Another sign of what a bloody great club we are.

One post and three difference variations of Barber

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
He has let himself down once this season. When Forest was moved for tele (at short notice) a number of Albion fans had already purchased train tickets. He could have offered to refund them the money. Small gesture, would have cost bugger all to the club but hearts and minds and all that.

Why do you blame him for that? It's not his money to give away.

Not sure it's a fault, anyway. It would set a very dangerous precedent for future date changes.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

That's my only issue. Thought he was slightly condescending to the fans on that occasion. That said, that is the only issue I have had with him this season, he does an excellent job and to my mind has been a key part of our success.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For sometime I was in the Barber out camp, but they realised where they were going wrong and sorted it. You have to give him enormous credit for that, and his handling of the Shoreham Air Show disaster was amazing. All round there is just nothing to fault anymore.

You are right though, he has become more low key, but perhaps that's more a sign of how well we are doing and therefore he doesn't need to be very vocal. The way it should be.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Some of the posts remind me of the aphorism: when I was 18, I thought my father was a jerk; it's amazing how much he's matured over the last 5 years.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

You mean Tony Bloom of course

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Of course there's going to be a very strong correlation between the success of the team and the supporters opinions on Paul Barber.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Vastly underestimated. He and I have had disagreements on some issues, but what impresses me is that he doesn't hold a grudge. He's also very accessible, which, compared to the CEO's of some clubs (especially those in the North West where I work), is great.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well, he seems to have learned his lessons on clackers and describing us as "customers". So that's all good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here