Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone on NSC ever owned a Copen?

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I'm looking for a sports car for the summer. The parking manoeuvre that I have to do to get a car into our garage is so difficult that my only options are to either move house or buy a Copen or a Suzuki Cappuccino and I've already had 2 of them. I can't afford anything high maintenance and am therefore looking for advice from the NSC community.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Come on! You can do better than this. I saw a grey one along Dyke road about an Hour ago. Was it one of you that was driving it ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd love to suggest an Alfa GTV or Spider, lots of car and style for not much money, unfortunately they have the turning circle of a large tanker so would be completely useless if you need to get into a tight space garage, sorry

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I'd love to suggest an Alfa GTV or Spider, lots of car and style for not much money, unfortunately they have the turning circle of a large tanker so would be completely useless if you need to get into a tight space garage, sorry

Only buy an Alfa if you have lots of money to repair it. They are cheap for a reason

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only buy an Alfa if you have lots of money to repair it. They are cheap for a reason

I have two, they are no more expensive than any car to maintain as long as they are serviced correctly.

Only buy an Alfa if you are a car lover, they don't fare well if abused.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
We had a Copen in gunmetal grey and utterly loved it. Only sold it because baby arrived. Nothing macho about it, which for me is a plus.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Smart Roadster. Don't bother with a Copen.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
We had a Copen in gunmetal grey and utterly loved it. Only sold it because baby arrived. Nothing macho about it, which for me is a plus.

Thanks for that. The narrow driveway, horrendous parking manouvre and my lack of cash make it impossible for me to consider any other car. I've had a couple of Suzuki Cappuccinos and don't want another. I am looking at a 1.3 Copen with an electric roof It's done 36000 Miles. Did you find yours cheap to run and insure?

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Yeah it was pretty good. Good mileage and small engine so not too pricey on insurance. We had a 1.3 too. No reliability problems at all, although we did have ours from new under the scrap page scheme. Would thoroughly recommend :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here